Rebirth of Wrestling
Welcome. Log in or create an account to join in the wrestling discussions

Rebirth of Wrestling

A community for wrestling fans. News and debates on everything wrestling.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Welcome to a new wrestling forum. Sign up and share your opinions on anything concerning the squared circle.
The Broken Niceboard

Share | 

Bullet Club Power Struggle

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Bullet Club Power Struggle   Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:43 pm

Has anyone been keeping up to date with any of the bullet club power struggle? It seems like a really well booked multi thread storyline. I'm genuinely unaware how much happens in each promotion, but from what I've seen of New Japan it seems pretty good.

The basis of it is the tension between Cody and Kenny Omega, with their vision for the future of Bullet Club differing vastly. For Cody its all about taking control for the betterment of the Club, but every so often he slips up and shows how it is just a Cody ego trip. Marty Scurll took Cody's side (they are based in ROH) and there is even more tension there as Kenny Omega brought Scurll into BC, and Cody is trying to get him to turn his back on Kenny for good.

It has really been showing off these guys ability to tell a great story in ring, and through convincing passionate interviews and promos, and that's only from seeing a few bits of New Japan.

Maybe someone has been keeping up with the ROH side of things? Id recommend getting a taste of this story in some way, anyway. It's great work and will lead to some big matches along the line. I haven't checked anything like Bullet Club on YouTube, but that might be one way to get a feel because they tend have a good social presence and are good at the online marketing of rivalries.

All this is running alongside the New Japan based rivalry between Bullet Club and Chaos which is Jay White's faction. Another guy I've been meaning to keep an eye on since he stood out and impressed me a while back
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Bullet Club Power Struggle   Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:55 pm

A few more points.

Cody is a fantastic heel

Kenny Omega and Kota Ibushi have also got back together as the Golden Lovers to reaffirm Kenny's huge babyface status, I guess. Not sure what link that has or if one will turn, or they just need to sell a huge number of tickets to some tag team based events lol.

And the conflict has actually turned Scurll's hair grey. A little added tongue in cheek element  Smile

Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Bullet Club Power Struggle   Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:19 pm

I'd describe this match I'm embedding here as fans getting their money's worth.

Background: The night previous Scurll was uncertain about doing anything untoward to Omega in their scheduled 6 man tag, especially in regards to unfair tactics and dirty moves like his trademark finger breaker. After a win thanks to hangman page Cody declared "Bullet Club is fine, Bullet Club is mine" what you are about to watch is the following nights money match.

Back to top Go down
boschbourne06

PostSubject: Re: Bullet Club Power Struggle   Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:39 am

Ive been so busy with work ive not been able to keep up to date on it just been able to keep up with WWE. last I saw was Omega being kicked out the bullet club which was surprising. As for the golden lovers is that a play on the rumours of Omega and Ibushi being lovers in real life I just had to laugh when reading that what with all that going round haha

Cody in ROH has been an amazing top heel just goes to show WWE missed a trick with him as every character he was given he got over easy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Bullet Club Power Struggle   Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:57 am

Quick question. Does the video in the post above show up to you? At the start of that video Scurll says "you chose Ibushi over us" which Is why he is happy to fight him on that night, so the story arc is building to more people questioning Omega's leadership.  

I'm way behind on it too and I've only seen NJPW from the wrestlekingdom show. A tiny bit of the new beginning, and then some of Honor Rising. That's the last thing I've seen and that was day 2 of the ROH NJPW show. I'll up some more videos or review if I catch up more with any good bits. Next in the timeline will be the 46th anniversary of njpw.

It is really good stuff though. It's a shame it's hard to keep up with

I know it's unlikely, but usually people leave BC before coming to WWE. For once it would make sense for him to stay though. He's still not won the big title and doing it alone would suit his character.

I don't know I don't read dirt sheets or many rumours because I don't care lol but i think thats their old tag team name anyway. To me first time hearing it I just thought that's about right for Japanese names. Ibushi is the golden star isn't he? I don't know if omega was called the lover before the cleaner or something.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bullet Club Power Struggle   

Back to top Go down

Bullet Club Power Struggle
Page 1 of 1