Rebirth of Wrestling
Welcome. Log in or create an account to join in the wrestling discussions
Rebirth of Wrestling
Welcome. Log in or create an account to join in the wrestling discussions
Rebirth of Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rebirth of Wrestling

A community for wrestling fans. News and debates on everything wrestling.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to a new wrestling forum. Sign up and share your opinions on anything concerning the squared circle.
The Broken Niceboard

The Greatest Royal Rumble ever

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Grecian

Grecian

The Greatest Royal Rumble ever Empty
PostSubject: The Greatest Royal Rumble ever   The Greatest Royal Rumble ever Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2018 3:35 pm

I kinda thought this deserved its own thread...

Confirmed as a Network exclusive (think it's also on Box Office in the UK), on Friday 27 April. I think it works out as being on at about 3pm in the afternoon for us.

50 superstars in the Rumble, with Jericho and Undertaker rumoured to be amongst them, as well as 7 title defences. Mildly annoyed they're doing this for Saudi Arabia, but not over here! Something like that here would sell out a stadium over here.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Royal Rumble ever   The Greatest Royal Rumble ever Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2018 3:58 pm

Word us that it's a paid for event not a ticket based thing. I.e S.A.sports association or whatever have thrown a huuuuge chunk of money to come over and they just keep ticket sales and concessions. And with those names you can imagine how big that one off payment is. But I imagine it's going to be running a big loss for the Saudi's just to show off what they can bring in.
Back to top Go down
https://rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com
Grecian

Grecian

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Royal Rumble ever   The Greatest Royal Rumble ever Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2018 10:03 pm

More matches confirmed:

Undertaker vs Rusev in a casket match (another Taker squash, I reckon)

Roman Reigns vs Brock Lesnar for the Universal title in a Steel Cage match (so Reigns can get cheered as he wins the title?)

IC title ladder match - Rollins vs Miz vs Balor vs Samoa Joe

US title - Mahal vs Randy Orton (in case last year's matches between them weren't shit enough)

Tag titles - Bludgeon Brothers vs Usos

Plus the 50 man rumble. I've read it's on at 11pm our time, on the Friday night.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Royal Rumble ever   The Greatest Royal Rumble ever Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2018 4:43 pm

Yeah that's a squash.

I heard an interesting thought on Lesnar staying. A guy had a theory that they kept Lesnar there to break CM Punks longest title reign. And when I heard it I thought, wait didn’t they actually mention CM Punk at WM too. A random passing comment more about Lesnar's reign getting on to be the longest, but I’m sure they said longest since CM Punk on air? Anyway this theory gets more interesting. The reign would be broken if he rerained at MitB... in Chicago! The same weekend (possibly) as CM Punk's next UFC fight in Chicago!!! How insane a coincidence and opportunity would that be.

They announced the Joe match before he returned on Raw lol. That ladder match will be followed by a Roman feud on tv and PPV. Possibly non title if Lesnar does retain. Either way it will be good. But he probably isn't winning the IC. Bigger opportunities are there for Joe clearly, and well deserved.

Mahal vs Orton. I might just cancel the Network before that match.

New Day to Raw seems likely now.

Who's winning the Rumble you reckon? Nakamura again as a heel? Daniel Bryan?

And Do they get a title shot? Imagine they'd have to get to pick a title and event if it's the greatest rumble. A good way to announce a contender to keep things looking different on tv than usual.

Cena vs HHH also announced.
Back to top Go down
Grecian

Grecian

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Royal Rumble ever   The Greatest Royal Rumble ever Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2018 4:57 pm

That card just looks like some kids wet dream of a Mania card on Universe Mode on their PlayStation...

Rusev has been tweeting some interesting stuff. 'Time for a change?' and 'Don't bury me too quickly, brother' when the casket match was announced. He's either hunting at a release, or he's trolling the fans. Would tie in with the rumour he asked for his release before Mania.

As for the 50 man winner, God knows! Virtually every main eventer is in it!
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06

boschbourne06

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Royal Rumble ever   The Greatest Royal Rumble ever Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2018 10:44 am

is there any reason why Rusev was suddenly changed from facing taker ?

and does the winner get a title shot like actual rumble ?

I can actually see reigns winning this time as he probably gets a better crowd reaction than he does here. As for Mahal vs Orton for the millionth time that is a pisstake and annoying last years matches were terrible.

The only match I want to see is the IC title match that could be match of the night like at mania
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Royal Rumble ever   The Greatest Royal Rumble ever Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2018 2:12 pm

To annoy Rusev fans and keep up the story that he's being pooped on before mitb Cool

I bet they do get a title match, as they beat 49 other men. I'd guess they say any title at any time. Instead of Main Event at Mania. It can be built as important without it being redeemed at a big ppv main event. Just guess work though.

They want you to really hate Mahal so why not? I'm not going to be watching the match though because I give zero shits about it.

It's Jericho vs Undertaker btw. So that's big

I want to see the Rumble to see how they do it and the Royal Rumble was really well booked this year so I'm positive. I'm hoping they fly out Hurricane too, in fact I hope they show a video of Shane Helms missing the flight getting changed in the airport toilets and flying there as Hurricane himself! That's two bits I've written today in seconds with ideas popping into my head as I typed, so come on WWE writers, have some fun.

The ladder match should be good.

HHH vs Cena will be good if they want it to be more than parading two big names.

Lesnar vs Reigns in a cage means no going out of the ring through a table, so they might have to be more creative, or not. I can't imagine the psychology of Lesnar trying to escape Reigns, unless they let Reigns really snap
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Royal Rumble ever   The Greatest Royal Rumble ever Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2018 9:47 pm

Rusev back in the casket match now... The best reasoning I've read (only read one rumour, but still) He was removed because he called Undertaker old... And put back in the match when they realised he wasn't offended by it...

Two wrestlemania main events now on the card with Lesnar vs Reigns in the cage and AJ vs Nakamura II (with better build than the first match too)

Back to top Go down
Grecian

Grecian

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Royal Rumble ever   The Greatest Royal Rumble ever Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2018 8:48 pm

It really is an absolutely insane card, add AJ vs Naka for the WWE title on top of what's already on it.

WWE apparently may have spoiled some of the surprises by publishing a picture of 50 guys in an ad for it. And the winner gets a nice trophy... and no title shot.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Royal Rumble ever   The Greatest Royal Rumble ever Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2018 12:03 am

At least now it's Mahal vs Hardy instead of Orton. I really hope Mahal can step up soon. There was some promise on Raw.

I was actually in to the Mahal match vs Gable. A classic hateable bastard beating on a plucky wrestler's wrestler was working well, Mahal started to have real value as a heel... until he decided not to sell his leg at all after 6 moves on the Gable comeback lol. If he'd picked up Gable, sold his leg and dropped him instead of being Jindery it would have been a really good tv match with a believable story. The agent clearly laid out something surprisingly good for them, it was just crap execution in one instance. Nothing makes someone look like a complete dick more than ignoring every bit of work that's meant to make the face look credible. He can start to pick you apart when an opportunity arises because he's a smart technical smaller guy, but apparently nah not in this match. Maybe protect the business Jinder...

I was starting to get a bit higher on Jinder, but writing this has made me think he's a turd again. It's bloody basics and why bother wasting time giving him an interesting match in theory if he completely fucks up his end of the work making everything Gable did... wait for it... look fake!?

Just to lay it out it went like this. Jinder attacks Gable pre fight on a distraction. Good. Gable tells the ref he's okay to go. Good. Jinder rushes in to take advantage early, Gable avoids and has a go at taking on the big man. Good. Jinder overcomes the burst quickly and asserts dominance. Good. Continued dominance and teasing of Gable getting back in to the match. Good. Gable finally gets his chance he picks a body part (leg) and absolutely tears at Jinder's calf and Quad muscles. Good. "Jinder" (the worker) ignores or forgets to sell any leg damage and asserts his characters dominance once more. Bad, but only because didn't sell any leg pain before regaining control of the already beat up, worn down smaller guy. Gable gets knocked out. Good. Jinder fucks up trying to do something in the corner and gets reversed and pinned by his own momentum and size. Good.

I like that people hate him. I liked that I hate him, but this isn't the reason I want to hate him lol. I dont mind if they have him in a position where he's boo'd because people think he doesn't belong in the spot. That works these days, but it should be because people act a certain way these days to guys they see as not worthy. But not because he appears to completely forget the story and psychology of a match! Two twisting leg trap knee drops, two dragon screws, and various leg snaps should not result in you getting up sprinting and hitting your opponent with a high knee hahaha.

Oh well. I was starting to think he could be a good heel for more than just being hated. Lol. I know it sounds so stupid, but there is a point where if the wrestling itself (the actual art of wrestling, not just cool stuff people like) becomes piss poor in excecution then why even bother? Just have guys in matches where they throw punches a foot from each others face and shout kerblammo! People would boo that as well...

my pointless passionate wrestling post of the week or whatever
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Royal Rumble ever   The Greatest Royal Rumble ever Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2018 4:54 pm

Greatest Royal Rumble start time is now 4pm gmt for the pre show. 5pm for the main show.

There’s been some good booking with Raw and SD both being pretty good this week and this is feeling like a big, big deal.

Nakamura vs AJ. The build has been how it should have been. They’ve fixed Nakamura on all levels, including his entrance and gear. No longer does he look like cheap, crappy and like he doesn’t belong to casual fans. There’s a real hatred that’s been built on top of this and it’s set up to be a great match.

Brock vs Roman. In a steel cage. This should be brutal. No one trying to escape would be nice. Brock trying to escape from Roman after he’s snapped bringing him back to when he tried to murder Strowman would work for me. The Raw promo staredown was weird though. Hardly made Roman look good to any fan. Just a boring weak scripted line that I've already forgotten.

Undertaker vs Rusev in a casket match. Undertaker has never won a Casket Match on Rusev Day. Fact. Probably a squash, but seeing Rusev in a big match is cool. A swerve would be random, but if they ever did want him to be legit there’s the chance here lol. If you hear Rusev has beaten Taker are you more or less likely to watch an event that isn’t live. When WCW told everyone Mankind won they all tuned in. AJ won three title in the UK. Something is bound to happen, but probably not in this match. Just a thought

The IC Ladder match. Now it’s 2 from Raw vs 2 from SD adding another layer to an already potentially great match.

Jinder Vs Jeff Hardy. To male up for no selling his own leg, Jinder can focus solely on destroying Jeff's leg. Jeff was already hobbling on SD before the Lucha Singh chop blocked him. I have faith this won’t stink. A second Raw vs SD title match. I like not knowing where WWE wants each title it lends to multiple storylines and finishes in the outcomes and fallout from these two title matches.

Cena vs HHH. Big names. Lol. It could be great if they want to tell a story but it could be the flop if it’s just a parade for those big names to the Saudi's. Maybe a bit of ego means they will want to show the younger locker room how it’s done in the big time.

Bludgeon Brothers vs Uso's. Naomi has added a little something to this. If the women aren't having matches will she be able to perform as a valet instead? In theory she’s going to be accompanied by her husband lol.

The Bar vs The Woken. Cesaro teased that if they won they would go back to Raw, so there’s that. A tag team that’s ready for singles competition seems like it should be on Raw a bit like they have with Mcintyre and Dolph. Mcintyre looks primed to be a singles guy, I feel like he could boot Ziggler at any minute. Maybe there are tag plans, but they are too good already. Mcintrye's promo was more than tag team based. They do look like DX without the humour and glowsticks. And that’s a big positive to have guys who look like the real deal, even if one is Dolph. They are obviously more interesting than The Bar vs The Woken match as i’m using this as a chance to talk about them lol.

Cedric Vs Kalisto? Pre show right?

50 man Royal Rumble. Enough said, it’s a big bastard of a Rumble. If its anything like the royal rumble this year it will be good. They will have to spread out some random moments to keep it flowing. Elias and a run of well done spots and comic relief made the January Rumble a good one.

Wrestlemania 2.0? Or not so much without the women? The Women set the bar, but the men should be capable of something special with this card right? Both world title matches can be better this time around if that's the goal. There's plenty of promise
Back to top Go down
Grecian

Grecian

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Royal Rumble ever   The Greatest Royal Rumble ever Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2018 6:38 pm

The more I read about the GRR, the more utterly insane it sounds...

Reports are WWE is being paid $20,000,000 for it

If they do 90 seconds between entrants, it'll be the longest WWE match ever.

It's looking like a 6 hour show

Reportedly, there has to be an hour long break to pray during the event.

The ringside seats are armchairs.

Its just plain mental.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Royal Rumble ever   The Greatest Royal Rumble ever Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2018 7:56 pm

I've seen a crappy video of part of the set and it's not bad so far. WWE_ARABIAN on instagram, cant seem to link it to here. Imagine the outdoor mania thing they do that covers the ring in case of rain, sun etc, but it's 4 huge post structure is all LED boards and it houses a big tron screen too. Lots of lazers around the place too, but its a poor quality video. (Not sure where the cage will come from thinking about it)

Flying out the entire WWE crew, trucks and sets is probably the biggest cost right? Brock and his 650k one shot deal, Jericho and any other one shot deals. I imagine they can keep production of it all a bit under 20 million lol. Fair to say the Saudi's have covered the wwe's costs. For the Saudi's they are not getting anywhere near 20m for the gate and concessions. It really is just show of wealth.

Elias interrupting call to prayer to jam? Haha

Just seen some seats. There is some Red and Gold velvet looking ones along the ramp side. So probably no chair shots.
Back to top Go down
Grecian

Grecian

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Royal Rumble ever   The Greatest Royal Rumble ever Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2018 5:38 pm

It's on live now - John vs Trips opened the show.

First, spoiler-free impressions: the stadium looks lovely, the crowd are well into it. Impressive so far.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Royal Rumble ever   The Greatest Royal Rumble ever Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2018 6:08 pm

Cena and HHH are OVER haha. There was even a Cena sucks chant.

It's cool to see a crowd that's into it like this. I'm enjoying seeing who is over around the world. Noticed a "Jeddah is tooooo sweet" sign!

Delete chants are pretty loud.

Interested to see if Jinder can get heat. Singh got booed. Not much reaction for Jinder atm. If they work it right he will though. Slow and bastardy
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Royal Rumble ever   The Greatest Royal Rumble ever Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2018 6:16 pm

Hahahahaha lost the crowd with his weird botches. And like Cory pointed out he's not targeting Jeff's leg...

That's the comic relief right there. Vince is going to scold him. Baffling performer
Back to top Go down
Grecian

Grecian

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Royal Rumble ever   The Greatest Royal Rumble ever Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2018 6:18 pm

It's been pretty decent so far. Enjoyed the cruiserweights match too, and was surprised it was on the main show! Having missed the pre-show, was anything on it?
Back to top Go down
Grecian

Grecian

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Royal Rumble ever   The Greatest Royal Rumble ever Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2018 6:19 pm

Mahal's a bit like Cena in 2006-2009. He's carrying too much muscle, and that's impeding his athletic ability.

Plus he's the absolute drizzling shits.
Back to top Go down
Grecian

Grecian

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Royal Rumble ever   The Greatest Royal Rumble ever Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2018 6:19 pm

I'm guessing this is the prayer break!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Royal Rumble ever   The Greatest Royal Rumble ever Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2018 6:29 pm

I don't think so, which makes me wonder if the show will run over the 5 hour time.

Yeah I liked the old school start and then classic wwe style of the HHH Cena match. The cruiserweights were good too.

It's the Prayer Break of Jericho.

Still laughing at Jinder not being in position and doing a random delayed back bump off the whisper in the wind. It's a good job it wasn't a high risk spot to the outside though. He needs a slap.

I get him being immobile is bad enough. Cena has never been this bad though lol. I really can't understand why they had Singh attack Jeff's already injured leg on SD, but Jinder didn't think to explore that avenue and at least attempt a story to the match... but yeah, you explained it I suppose... Drizzling shits Laughing
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Royal Rumble ever   The Greatest Royal Rumble ever Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2018 7:19 pm

Woop. Classic foreign heel heat lol. The Daivari's. I nearly mentioned the other day I randomly found out that Muhammed Hassan is doing indie dates again (watched a bit of WM 21 and they had a segment so I googled him to see if he still wrestled) so I was wondering if they'd offer him something, but they got Shawn Daivari back with his brother for a similar type of filler segment with the Saudi trainees in the Hogan role.

Ladder match was good. Everyone well received. A this is awesome chant too. Different finish to the usual as well which was cool.
Back to top Go down
Grecian

Grecian

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Royal Rumble ever   The Greatest Royal Rumble ever Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2018 7:35 pm

Aye the ladder match was good. It's been a really good show, and the crowd seem right up for it.
Back to top Go down
Grecian

Grecian

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Royal Rumble ever   The Greatest Royal Rumble ever Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2018 7:39 pm

Arabian announce table! Ha!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Royal Rumble ever   The Greatest Royal Rumble ever Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2018 7:50 pm

They are ribbing the Arabian announce team tonight. Shame Orton isn't in a singles match to dump people on them too lol.

I think we're getting an AJ vs Shinsuke trilogy or quadrilogy!

AJ is over. And the whole match was like a football atmosphere. They were just clapping and singing, waving and making noise for them. The BOO! YEAH! Punch reactions even came out. It's a bit more like a festival (of friendship) atmosphere actually.
Back to top Go down
Grecian

Grecian

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Royal Rumble ever   The Greatest Royal Rumble ever Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2018 8:28 pm

I quite like the story that Reigns can't beat Brock. It makes him more human and less like Super Cena.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Royal Rumble ever   The Greatest Royal Rumble ever Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2018 8:44 pm

Sick sick sick bump. That's what ultimately made me respect Roman a whole lot more. He is taking beatings like no other at times. His career is not going to be as long as they want it to be lol. I think that's the worst one yet! Head first!!! So yeah his superman punch is overused and silly but that's not really his choice, he can wrestle and he can bump like a freaking champion.

The story is that maybe he deserves to beat Brock too, but can't no matter what he tries lol. Although he can argue that the ref judged in favour of Brock with bias after that. But that would probably come out in an annoying way with the way they write for him.

Could they do Reigns vs Lesnar and Nakamura vs Styles again at Summerslam, or is that too much? Haha

I think I'm leaving it at that as a stopping point, I'm drained. Unless I get a second wind I'm watching the Royal Rumble tomorrow. Ziggler and Bryan to start I think it was. If they last in the 30degree heat 80 odd minutes they deserve a Brock sized bonus haha
Back to top Go down
Grecian

Grecian

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Royal Rumble ever   The Greatest Royal Rumble ever Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2018 9:31 pm

Titus O'Neil.

That is all.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Royal Rumble ever   The Greatest Royal Rumble ever Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2018 12:42 pm

Anyone notice Hornswoggle didn't go over the top rope? king

I think Finlay just took him home in the Cena Rumble. Got to love Wrestling, Ha!

Last edited by Admin on Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Royal Rumble ever   The Greatest Royal Rumble ever Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2018 1:25 pm

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Spoiler:

It was a fun show. When I saw your comment I thought Titus had won which made his moment even more hilarious.
Back to top Go down
Grecian

Grecian

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Royal Rumble ever   The Greatest Royal Rumble ever Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2018 8:35 am

It was good, but the Rumble itself just showed how much deaf weight on the the roster. The NXT guys were very disappointing.

I thought Lashley had killed Cass with that botch towards the end, but I was really impressed with Cass. He seems much more confident in his work since ditching Enzo.

Glad Strowman won. He needed a huge win, and I'm hoping he beats Lesnar at Summerslam. Lesnar is holding the title long enough to beat Punk's record for the modern era.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Royal Rumble ever   The Greatest Royal Rumble ever Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Greatest Royal Rumble ever
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Rebirth of Wrestling :: Wrestling Discussion :: WWE-
Jump to: