Rebirth of Wrestling
Welcome. Log in or create an account to join in the wrestling discussions

Rebirth of Wrestling

A community for wrestling fans. News and debates on everything wrestling.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Welcome to a new wrestling forum. Sign up and share your opinions on anything concerning the squared circle.
The Broken Niceboard

Share | 

WrestleMania 34

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: WrestleMania 34   Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:10 pm

No visable spoilers until everyone has finished. Other than that no rules gloves off discussion of all things XXXIV

[s poiler] put spoilers between the two brackets like this, but delete the space I added after the first s [/spoiler]

This Mania is going to be a good one. OOH YEAH! Dig It!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: WrestleMania 34   Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:01 pm

Major annoyance so far is the repeated hawking of the Network for free for new subscribers. We know! Shut up!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: WrestleMania 34   Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:08 pm

Love the massive grin on Cedrics face during his entrance. Love this guy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: WrestleMania 34   Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:24 pm

Back in time on my delayed pre show... And it's Ziggler standing out... How many times are you going to skin the cat in one match. JR even brought it up "he's always dangling" what a knobhead Dolph is haha. Fuck off Ziggler

I'm going to skip most of the fluff and promo stuff from now on. It is a bit cringe. It makes sense to try and hook UFC fans etc the pre show is on network tv in the USA, but you aren't going to hook them with Sam Roberts lol
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: WrestleMania 34   Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:30 pm

Matt Hardy "Who are you?" hahaha that was worth the 9.99 right there.
Back to top Go down
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: WrestleMania 34   Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:30 pm

Apparently Dana White is there.

Paige looks a right state on commentary. She must have had her lips done, really badly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: WrestleMania 34   Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:37 pm

Better watch out for McGregor and completely original UFC ideas like parking lot brawls...  

Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: WrestleMania 34   Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:42 pm

Is Mustafa Ali Max Moon 2k18?
Back to top Go down
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: WrestleMania 34   Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:55 pm

I'm calling it a night here, or I'll end up watching the whole thing!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: WrestleMania 34   Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:00 am

The more I see Cena's face the more I want to see it covered in blood in his match/fight. We know. He's just a fan, so leave him alone and let him relax then lol

Yeah. Don't get tempted into watching the main intro or you'll get stuck then.

Just seen Paige lol. She seems drunk or pissed off. She's dry as fuck anyway. "Yeah, hopefully i'll be in it next year"
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: WrestleMania 34   Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:03 pm

Loved watching Ronda Rousey. If that match isn't getting people talking then I don't know what will. Went way better than you could imagine. Now it feels like a big Wrestlemania!

In UFC you're not getting Ronda Rousey followed by Pancake Midgets doing the Worm! Thank you Wrestling!
Back to top Go down
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: WrestleMania 34   Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:55 pm

I think that card will either show you why you love wrestling, or make you think maybe it's time to try another company!

I really enjoyed it. Shame the crowd were such cocks for the main event, match of the night for me was Kurt & Ronda vs the Authority. Ronda was amazing, and Trips wasn't too far behind her either.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: WrestleMania 34   Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:18 pm

I thought the Ronda match would be hard to beat while watching it and it stayed my favourite. She is money beyond what they could even hope for. It was easily the best emotional performance, and when she gets to do some Judo she's so good at it that it doesn't matter if she's new to the business. The roll through on HHH ffs that was an awesome moment among many positives. At one point when they kept bullying the ref she shouted "you're such big cheaters" haha. How can you not love that. She followed it with "I'll just go back to beating up your husband/wife then" aha. Forgot which one she was beating on at the time.

Nakamura got me out of my seat punching the air. A weird reaction but it felt right with that ending. The nonchalant pissed off face kicks were amazing. It's the first time you can feel like you know what the Nakamura character actually is too.

The crowd put me right out of the mood for the main event. It may be slow but there was a story to be told. Maybe Lesnar put me out of the mood for it too, we have seen the dominant act before. Maybe a few new spots early to hook the crowd were needed. I do think it's a bit of a waste of time trying to get sympathy on Reigns with this type of match though, because the crowd  just won't buy in. I would definitely have enjoyed more back and forth shit kicking or a slightly different approach with more shenanigans. But the live crowd sucked the air out of anything significant happening.
Roman with a blood red face should at least get an "OHH" reaction shouldn't it. Lesnar busted Roman open before the big spear false finish and shock winner should be driving people wild. Then again I don't blame them if they legit got bored of Lesnar early on. I think the only recent matches of his that were entertaining to a good level and hooked the audience were the ones with Joe involved. I think it's a bit far saying it's bad because he won as a part timer too as we don't know what will happen on Raw yet.

I feel like if the Asuka Charlotte match hadn't taken me by surprise by it's position I'd have got into it even more. But it was very, very good. It just felt like it wasn't really happening for real considering how important it was.(And I was tired watching that one live) I'd have accepted it as a main event easy. Charlotte's Spanish fly was somehow way better than Ali's too. It felt like it made more sense in physics with the bigger wrestler dragging the smaller wrestler around. It was a really impressive physical match. She always pulls out something new too.

Definitely going to watch some of WM again. I still have the Ciampa vs Gargano match to watch too. Another main event feel match of the many over the weekend.

Last edited by Admin on Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: WrestleMania 34   Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:26 pm

My match of the night was Ronda's as well. As great as she was, Trips wasn't too far behind at all. It's not often that a match is that perfectly booked, but every moment in it worked, from Steph countering the arm-bar until Ronda locked in it properly, the ref, everything. Kurt was pretty much the passenger, but played his role brilliantly too.

The good:

Charlotte, everything about her just screams 'STAR!'. She was absolutely the right person to end Asuka's streak, the match was great. I aso think it should have gone on later, but it's changed the best Mania women's match from the Becky / Sasha / Charlotte WM32 effort to this. I'm going to start another thread in a minute, but I also think WM35 will see a headlining women's match.

Taker... as much as I didn't want him to wrestle, I'm so glad they did what they did. He's not able to do a 25 minute epic, so blasting through Cena in 3 minutes was awesome. I think they're buildiing up to a rematch. Probably at WM35, some kind of career vs career, maybe? And I got goosebumps as soon as the bell tolled. When he does genuinely call it a day, I'm going to be heartbroken. Again.

IC match - perfect opener. All three were on form, really set the show going.

Daniel Bryan - as expected, I watched that match with the biggest grin on my face imaginable. So glad he won, and they decided against a Shane turn or anything like that.

The bad:

Rusev jobbing. He's going to end up the new Zack Ryder, getting buried beyond belief for daring to get himself over.

New Day vs Usos vs Bludgeon Brothers. This one needed a gimmick. Some nice spots, but didn't make me feel it was a Mania match. When the New Day and Usos had a war inside a cell, having a straight triple threat just felt like a letdown. There is the chance the NXT ladder match, and all the insanity included in that may have helped with that decision.

The main event: the match itself, I didn't mind at first, but it showed everything that's wrong with Roman Reigns. Taker took 3 F5s to lose the Streak. Cenna took 3 to lose at Summerslam at that massacre. Why the hell was Roman kicking out of that many? The live crowd ruined it, they just wanted to hate it, regardless of what happened. Roman's blood meant nothing, the beating he took meant nothing. Problem is, with Nakamura turning, there was no other option to close the show.

The WTF?

Nicholas. At least it wasn't Big Show, and that kid got over more in five minutes than most of the roster. Loved that the kid clearly had no idea what the hell was going on, loved the hot tag. I get why some people may have hated it, but by God, how many of us would want to be that kid?

Bray Wyatt. Are him and Matt now a team?

Brock. Has he re-signed?

And do watch Ciampa vs Gargano. It's one hell of a fight (it's not a match!), and wouldn't look out of place in the old ECW. Just some spellbinding work, spots and storytelling.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: WrestleMania 34   Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:39 pm

That's why I saved the NXT match. In case Mania was a let down haha.

I'm too tired to put into words my feeling on Roman, Brock and the main event. But you nailed it. And because of all that has led to this point and who they are and who is in he crowd. It's all one giant shit storm of "it will never be what Vince imagines it could be" it's sad, I genuinely have way more respect for Roman after a year or so of stuff I've enjoyed with him involved and taking awesome bumps.  But then they do always find a way to exaggerate the stuff that makes him hard to like. I think the repetition killed it too I wasn't thinking about how Cena or Taker took 3 I just watched thinking "Yeah Roman kicks out of the same move over and over, okay" and by the end the false finish didn't hook me, and my feeling that Brock would lose but show up on Raw turned to, Brock will win in an attempt to shock. And pre match I was actuallly prepared and happy for Roman to bloody win a match for once to end the story arc nicely lol.

I'd say Brock will work for UFC and WWE non exclusive. That was my thought with all the Dana stuff. Share the bugger and keep people guessing. But we'll see. Bullet Club could always get serious and Finn could invoke his rematch tonight for Brock to drop the belt to him instead. Sarcastic laughter

Undertaker was good. It worked well like that. I was still hoping for the American Badass though, so even though for most people it was a nice surprise for the Gong Taker, I was in the minority and would've prefered a different version of him for this one. I got worked, obviously. Still think it would have made sense to comeback as more Mark Callaway than Undertaker sick of Cena's big mouth. But it was good, it was, just no chills for me personally. He looked class as the dead man anyway and totally squashing Cena quuck made him seem fresh and ten years younger. It was pretty faultless performance wise. And it was great to see him walk out strong.

Some random highlights:

I already mentioned Ronda and her random comments during that match. She's nailing her character of kind of cutesy super happy girl living her dream who is also a bad ass terminator if you cross her. I genuinely think she's going to be as big as Austin in her own way. Steph can be a recurring pain in her ass in between Rousey's other top feuds. Potential for authority backed rivals too. Just not too much too often.

Matt Hardy Procurring the gold in wonderfull fashion. I think the house show promo with Bray I posted somewhere shines a light on what they are doing. On tv though they didn't explain anything. But it got a big pop so whatever lol

Shinsuke nut shot into those head kicks. He found his swag and it's in being bad. I think I was even saying do it, do it! as he knelt handing the belt to AJ. No more shitty rockstar artist names. He had the swagger of a king that gives no shits. And he can now speak Japanese and sound like a psycho killer. He sounded legit even though we have no idea what he was angrily muttering to AJ as he bounced his head around on the apron.

The Burger King guy running scared from Braun? Haha joyous

The fact I got to say Ronda Rousey was followed on the card by pancake midgets doing the worm.

And maybe I'm a dick but I just didn't like Rollins winning. Although in the scheme of things it means I can  firmly support a heel Dean Ambrose tormenting Seth in what I expect could happen on his return. Full on torture him please.

Only one person out of 3 who wore gold (Roode, Nia, Shinsuke) won gold hurrah. I know it annoyed me when Seth wore Gold trim during his Orton match on the night he cashed in because for me it signalled that he would cash in later and win. And we all know how shocking a moment that was/could have been back then. Grr
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WrestleMania 34   

Back to top Go down

WrestleMania 34
Page 1 of 1