Rebirth of Wrestling
Welcome. Log in or create an account to join in the wrestling discussions

Rebirth of Wrestling

A community for wrestling fans. News and debates on everything wrestling.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Welcome to a new wrestling forum. Sign up and share your opinions on anything concerning the squared circle.
The Broken Niceboard

Share | 

WWE Superstar Shakeup

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: WWE Superstar Shakeup    Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:13 pm

The date is set. Next Monday and Tuesday night on Raw and Smackdown.

Discussion for those two shows starts here. Who do you want to end up on each brand? And who do you think will end up on each brand?

I'm still letting Wrestlemania weekend sink in so will think about it at some point.

WWE is moving on with not much messing around so it will be interesting to see how the rosters look next week ready for the programmes leading up to the first all dual branded PPV's of the season.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: WWE Superstar Shakeup    Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:51 pm

I'll go into more detail later, but... :

To SD: Seth Rollins, Bray Wyatt, The Club, Sasha Banks plus a few low carders like Apollo, Titus and Heath Slater.

To Raw: Daniel Bryan, Randy Orton, the Usos, Becky Lynch plus Breezango.

To NXT: Zack Ryder, Mojo Rawley and Lana.

To Unemployment: Bobby Lashley. Yeah, I still hate him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fergie22

PostSubject: Re: WWE Superstar Shakeup    Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:17 pm

Grecian wrote:
I'll go into more detail later, but... :

To SD: Seth Rollins, Bray Wyatt, The Club, Sasha Banks plus a few low carders like Apollo, Titus and Heath Slater.

To Raw: Daniel Bryan, Randy Orton, the Usos, Becky Lynch plus Breezango.

To NXT: Zack Ryder, Mojo Rawley and Lana.

To Unemployment: Bobby Lashley. Yeah, I still hate him.

And his tattooed eyebrows.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: WWE Superstar Shakeup    Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:58 pm

I just had to google that. And dear Lord, he does!

Although I should add that he apparently had some illness that made them fall out, which is why he wears the headband so he doesn't get sweat in his eyes. But he's still an arse.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
boschbourne06

PostSubject: Re: WWE Superstar Shakeup    Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:39 am

i see Seth & the bar going to SD. AJ has to be going to raw.

So will there be anymore call ups from Nxt ? they've already took a few big players from them I cant see Nxt being great if they took more. The club to SD could work out best for them and wont just job probably get a tag title run.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: WWE Superstar Shakeup    Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:29 pm

Almas is MONEY. So yeah. Him and Vega in my opinion. Maybe Neville to SD or even NXT?

Cass return, but maybe Enzo too if he ever cleared his name and also proved he's not going to be a jackass. I'd not be surprised if Vince fired him with the intention of hiring him if he learned a lesson, especially now Enzo knows that WWE isn't afraid to fire him. He could come back a new man and not annoy everyone backstage

Anyone remember AOP ditching Ellering this week? Is he still under contract? If so did he not want to travel on the tour schedule or is he set to manage someone else? Like Bobby 'no personality' Lashley
Back to top Go down
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: WWE Superstar Shakeup    Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:16 pm

I've been mulling it over, and i have a huge idea that i think would work for both shows...

I'd swap AJ and Brock. Both have pretty much been through their entire rosters, it'd keep AJ vs Bryan for Mania (either winning the Rumble), and opens up the prospect of Brock vs KO, Bryan, Zayn, Shane O'Mac and everyone else, assuming he's stickling around past the Saudi Arabia thing.

So I'd go with...

SD to Raw - AJ Styles, Randy Orton, The Usos, Becky Lynch, Rusev

SD to NXT - Zack Ryder

Raw to SD - Brock Lesnar, Seth Rollins, The Club, Sasha Banks, Jeff Hardy

Raw to NXT - Big Cass (he's not ready for a singles run. At all)

NXT to Raw - Velveteen Dream

NXT to SD - Almas

I think that would open up a lot of awesome feuds and matches across both brands.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fergie22

PostSubject: Re: WWE Superstar Shakeup    Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:35 pm

Drew McIntyre is getting called up tonight.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: WWE Superstar Shakeup    Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:48 pm

The only GM that could hire KO and Sami would be Paige after Kurt told them to try TNA, but i'd honestly love to see them kept off tv and turn up on NXT. Cat amongst the pigeons and give the legitamacy to NXT as more than development. Id not keep them there long though.

It will probably be one of AJ or Bryan to Raw. Either works. I'm leaning toward Bryan atm though because all the guys that join SD can line up vs AJ, plus Nakamura vs AJ still has legs, more than Nakamura vs Bryan.

AJ as champion could lure Seth, Finn or Jeff on top of Nakamura. But I also like the idea of the WWE champion on Raw too.

But I'd scrap the universal because that would look really bad in blue if they did swap champions. Maybe just redo the titles and have WWE title in black. Universal in Black. IC. US. And the tag titles can just be called world tag and universal tag and both be non brand colours. WWE women's title and universal women's title, but keep their look because they are pretty nice anyway. Then at least the belts can move around a bit easier and open up some mixed brand champion vs champion matches with dual events.

Almas is a must for me. He would make the midcard titles really good, and he's ready made to step up one day as a big Mexican draw.

Paige bringing Neville and more British talent could plant some seeds without really mentioning it on tv. Just a slight favouritism undercurrent
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: WWE Superstar Shakeup    Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:34 pm

Anything can happen on draft night.
Back to top Go down
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: WWE Superstar Shakeup    Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:13 pm

Moving to Raw:

Jinder Mahal
All of the Riott Squad
Sami Zayn
Kevin Owens
Breezango
Dolph Ziggler
Baron Corbin
Zack Ryder
Mojo Rawley
Mike Kanellis
Chad Gable
Bobby Roode
The Ascension
Drew McIntyre

The Miz is going back to SD

So a bunch of glorified midcarders. Excellent.

My guess is Absolution follow Paige to SD.
Gable and Jordan maybe re-united? No mention of Shelton moving.
The Miz vs Bryan could finally be on!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: WWE Superstar Shakeup    Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:41 pm

Well they do have two midcard belts, plus the tag division to rebuild for the 3 hour show. If they are keeping Reigns, Joe, Strowman, Lesnar, Lashley they might be doing a BIG GUY little guy main eventer split to experiment which draws most interest. Or simply give fans the best of both worlds. You can imagine Vince wants Mahal, Mojo and Corbin to eventually be good and join those. Mcintyre looked huge next to Dolph, I know he's 6 foot 5 but that team looks a good way to make him stand out as a potential guy to step up in the monster division. Bray eventually too. Definitely looks like they want a more even physical standing in the divisions to me.

The Probable rebirth of fashion Police segments is a plus for wwe on a longer show too. Tag division looks like they want to start again basically.

Raw itself wasn't really good, but I don't think the roster is in bad shape now for gearing WWE to having two completely different feeling shows.

Smackdown looks set to be great though right? AJ. Bryan. Nakamura. Miz. No Dolph. Charlotte. (Asuka wasn't on Raw so you never know) Bound to be one decent name joining tonight. Rollins if they want the title or Balor if they want him to do something of value. I'd not mind just the 3 titles on SD if one was the WWE championship in a legit dream division that could easily accommodate smaller guys like Almas, Cole and Black stepping up in future!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: WWE Superstar Shakeup    Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:11 am

I think the big surprise name if there is one is going to be a pick from Jeff Hardy. Seth Rollins. Finn Balor. But in kayfabe who'd they be swapped for. KO and Sami were free agents. So the biggest name Raw Poached was Mahal. Followed by Ziggler who's done nothing for years. Followed by Robert Roode, and we know Kurt traded Miz already. As a GM he's been shafted by that one trade alone.

I don't see the point in Paige having her stable join her they never did much on Raw and they are a weird mish mash of singles gimmicks. There's not much invested in them on tv so far. It'd be more logical for her to hire AJ Lee lol. But absolution is the obvious WWE move I suppose.

Surprised New Day and Uso's stayed. Maybe a new day split is coming because what more can they do now? Revival and Bullet Club if SD is keeping it's tag division?

-----

Here's a quick theory. Raw draws a rating that doesn't really dip enough to worry anyone because people watch out of habit, plus it retained it's big bad bastard division. A division fit for part timers like Cena, Goldberg, Batista, HHH if need be

And SD now has the potential to be the best wrestling show in the world. Boost it's ratings and brand to a more equal level of Raw, earn a third hour and/or a butt load of money when they go to Fox or wherever. PPV's will be on the up because every one can have variations of Lesnar, Reigns, Styles, Bryan, Cena, Orton and other part timers.

Basically Invest in WWE now
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: WWE Superstar Shakeup    Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:30 pm

It looks like Smackdown is probably going to be quite good now haha. A few I thought could be big movers moved and there was one name I really didn't expect that moved too. Another game changer with his promo ability on top of his in ring work. Keeping it spoiler free just in case you want to see for yourselves. What a roster, though. And moving into a spoiler...

Big Cass is resuming his push so there's the comedy element on SD too lol
Back to top Go down
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: WWE Superstar Shakeup    Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:41 pm

Smackdown definitely won!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: WWE Superstar Shakeup    Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:46 pm

At this point, I'm going to assume we all know who went where...

SD has got the best indie roster of all time. The matches we have in store between Bryan, Naka, AJ, Joe, Cesaro... it could be better than the Smackdown Six from back in the day. All it's missing is CM Punk. Shame that they seem to be going with a Big Cass push, but the prospects for top quality wrestling in the next few months...

As for Raw, nothing has changed. It'lll still be Reigns, Strowman, Rollins and Ambrose in the main event scene. Roode offers nothing apart from a cool entrance, Mahal is just the drizzling shits.

My guess SD is being set up as the wrestling show, Raw the 'character' show. I know which I'd prefer to watch.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: WWE Superstar Shakeup    Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:20 pm

Cass as the giant in the land of indie guys could be okay as something for Bryan to overcome for a bit. Not rushing in to the big money feuds with Bryan is smart and Cass will get real heat during his seemingly big push.

I feel like SD has something special and it's more than there being great workers. Just going to list a few SD names...

Bryan. AJ. Nakamura. Samoa Joe! Jeff Hardy! Miz! Almas with Vega!!! New Day. Uso's. Cesaro and Sheamus. Rusev. Orton. Sanity!!!

Charlotte. Asuka. Becky. Carmella. IIconics.

I don't know who I'm happiest about on that roster lol. But I know Almas is my big wild card.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WWE Superstar Shakeup    

Back to top Go down

WWE Superstar Shakeup
Page 1 of 1