Rebirth of Wrestling
Welcome. Log in or create an account to join in the wrestling discussions

Rebirth of Wrestling

A community for wrestling fans. News and debates on everything wrestling.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Welcome to a new wrestling forum. Sign up and share your opinions on anything concerning the squared circle.
The Broken Niceboard

Share | 

Money In The Bank (also a test)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Grecian

PostSubject: Money In The Bank (also a test)   Tue May 08, 2018 12:12 pm

The qualifying matches started on Raw last night - it's been confirmed there will be a men's and women's MITB match.

I think it would be great if there was also one for tag teams or a 205 Live one. Really add an extra dimension to each division.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: Money In The Bank (also a test)   Tue May 08, 2018 12:12 pm

Woo hoo! It worked! Must have been internet being rubbish last week.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Money In The Bank (also a test)   Tue May 08, 2018 12:48 pm

It would be overkill to have 4 mitb matches for me, but it would be interesting to see a tag team try to cash in a shot. That would intrigue me enough, I reckon

With the ppv called money in the bank I suppose it would at least make sense to take the overkill approach...

TNA sort of remedied the divisional thing with feast or fired where there was more than one case in the match lol.

As for this year, I'm going off the idea of Rusev winning the men's match. I think he's better in segments and backstage than he is on the live mic infront of the crowd. But maybe it's because he is being restricted, it's hard to tell.

There's a lot of potentially great winners though. I think they might give up on the idea of a Corbin type after last year, and give it to someone who's properly waiting to break out big. Like big money big, not just kind of popular. Or someone who is already huge but hasn't had a path to the title for a while.

...Or CM Punk haha.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: Money In The Bank (also a test)   Tue May 08, 2018 1:52 pm

Oh, that Chicago crowd is going to be hilarious when Brock breaks the record. You just know Heyman is going to milk that moment too...

I thought either a tag or 205 ladder, not both - but the tag one would be great. A ladder match with New Day, Usos, Fashion Police and maybe Ziggler / McIntyre would be great.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Money In The Bank (also a test)   Sat May 12, 2018 4:58 pm

CM Punk vs Brock Lesnar

Hardly surprising. Would it be cool if there was a swerve and someone beat Lesnar on a Raw before the record is broken? Or not so much? If they built it as Brock defends 3 times leading to the ppv in open challenges and on the last one possible the record goes. Even if he defended it 3 times it could get people a bit more into it.

What are your thoughts about the reign now? I do think its passed a point of who cares, but saying that the heat they could get on Lesnar in Chicago will be unprecedented. If they acknowledge it properly on tv and with Heyman live. But after that where do they go? Everyone placed high enough has had a go, Braun could win mitb, but would it be worth it for the on the night cash in? I feel like Braun is so over he could get as great a reaction by throwing Lesnar around for 10 minutes and beating him, and then you've still got the case to further someone else's push.
Back to top Go down
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: Money In The Bank (also a test)   Mon May 14, 2018 9:42 am

All that graphic does is show how crap the title picture was in 2012. Considering Punk had the whole roster to go up against, and Brock essentially has just Raw, who out of that bunch could Punk have justifiably lost the title to? Daniel Bryan and Cena (conspicuous by his absence on the list) are the only two to have any kind of lasting headlining credibility.

Punk's reign, while epic in length - I'm struggling to remember much about it, other than the announcements of how many days it lasted, a couple of great matches vs Bryan and his turn on the Rock at Raw 1000 (was it 1000? Or 1500?). Defences against Ziggler, R-Truth, and the pool of averageness that is Del Rio don't make a reign epic.

I also wouldn't be surprised if Miz wins MITB. Not as recognition that he's been exceptional for the past year, but purely so Punk is not the only 2-time winner any longer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Money In The Bank (also a test)   Mon May 14, 2018 8:04 pm

I don't think I even watched much of Punk's 434 title run tbh. It wasn't the run where he beat Cena and left WWE as champion, and judging by the contenders it's clear why it was a time where i wasnt tuning in. I've not sat through any WWE over time if It doesn't hold my attention. You could also argue it shows Lesnar is more of a draw for PPV's. I think Punk was champion at some pretty low selling ppv's back then too, but not sure on specifics. I read something a month or so ago about best and worst buy rates.

I'm kind of thinking Miz too. But it is because he would knock it out of the park and make mitb mean something again
Back to top Go down
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: Money In The Bank (also a test)   Tue May 15, 2018 6:02 pm

I still had Sky at that point, so was watching Raw and SD each week. Raw was only 2 hours too, great memories...

Punk's reign wasn't made out to be a big deal, either. He rarely main-evented (from what I remember, Cena vs Laurinatus headlined a PPV ahead of Punk vs Bryan vs Kane which was over-shadowed by AJ Lee. Lesnar, when he's on Raw, is made out to be a big deal. He only has big fights, which have all been different and memorable for one reason or another.

I think Punk's reign looks epic in hindsight due to it's length, and the fact it's him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Money In The Bank (also a test)   Tue May 15, 2018 7:54 pm

Yeah that is fair. It does highlight the type of champion at least. One defended at 110 live tour shows, one did 4 live tour shows lol. So Punk made money for the company that way. It's hard to judge the type of money Brock makes for WWE. Not that it matters

I'm just a bit bored because we get the feeling that he's just holding it and wwe is just waiting now. I think he's not even scheduled for mitb at the moment either. I'd be a bit unsatisfied if there was no huge heat pay off for extending the run. It's a great way to solidify Brock as a twat to the audience, which it felt like they were trying to do a bit ago. Even if he doesn't have a match it's worth paying him to get a big reaction in Chicago.

Forgot to say last week Miz had another great match vs jeff hardy to qualify for mitb. He's on some memorable run.
Back to top Go down
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: Money In The Bank (also a test)   Wed May 16, 2018 9:36 am

They don't need to pay him to get a huge reaction in Chicago, just send in Heyman with a microphone...

From Raw on Monday - KO and Bobby Roode are both in the ladder match. If you're bored of Brock, then I'm utterly bored of Roode. Take away his entrance, and he offers nothing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Money In The Bank (also a test)   Wed May 16, 2018 2:06 pm

They want heat on Brock and the title hough, he has to be there to do his awful grin which is proper money. I think it might even work better if he told Heyman to stay backstage while he goes out to gloat about it whilst enjoying not having to fight at a ppv.

I liked Roode vs Elias, but now Roode is in mitb and Elias is out that rivalry is done before it even started. Other than that he hasn't done anything. WWE babyfaces on Raw are just handled terribly.

Roman was handled better this week though.

I'm not properly bored of Brock, just how they didn't really capitalise on the great balls of fire momentum for the main event scene and how things got drawn out. Joe got injured yes, but they've made Braun less fearsome since then, even though he's still doing well himself with performances. But he went from challenging Brock legit to teaming with Bliss, Kids and to a point where Drew McIntyre is staring him down and not looking like he's the billed 7 inches shorter than him lol. He's babyface now, but reactions won't last if they don't let him do what got him over in the first place.

I love the new Drew though, just look how slow he comes out now. Simple things. Ziggler still looks like an excited kid next to him even though they said on commentary his demeanour changed. But Drew has star quality. His mission statement to end all the lazy complacent superstars seems to describe Dolph better than anyone else too. I'm wondering if that will be the angle that comes out of this. But now he's broken Braun's trophy there might be that first

I do think I was ready for Roman to end the long Brock storyline at WM but they dragged it out to keep Brock as champion. That's probably the main thing. I wanted Roman to win ffs haha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Money In The Bank (also a test)   

Back to top Go down

Money In The Bank (also a test)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Rebirth of Wrestling :: Wrestling Discussion :: WWE-
Jump to: