Rebirth of Wrestling
Welcome. Log in or create an account to join in the wrestling discussions

Rebirth of Wrestling

A community for wrestling fans. News and debates on everything wrestling.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Welcome to a new wrestling forum. Sign up and share your opinions on anything concerning the squared circle.
The Broken Niceboard

Share | 

Money In The Bank (also a test)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Grecian

PostSubject: Money In The Bank (also a test)   Tue May 08, 2018 12:12 pm

The qualifying matches started on Raw last night - it's been confirmed there will be a men's and women's MITB match.

I think it would be great if there was also one for tag teams or a 205 Live one. Really add an extra dimension to each division.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: Money In The Bank (also a test)   Tue May 08, 2018 12:12 pm

Woo hoo! It worked! Must have been internet being rubbish last week.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Money In The Bank (also a test)   Tue May 08, 2018 12:48 pm

It would be overkill to have 4 mitb matches for me, but it would be interesting to see a tag team try to cash in a shot. That would intrigue me enough, I reckon

With the ppv called money in the bank I suppose it would at least make sense to take the overkill approach...

TNA sort of remedied the divisional thing with feast or fired where there was more than one case in the match lol.

As for this year, I'm going off the idea of Rusev winning the men's match. I think he's better in segments and backstage than he is on the live mic infront of the crowd. But maybe it's because he is being restricted, it's hard to tell.

There's a lot of potentially great winners though. I think they might give up on the idea of a Corbin type after last year, and give it to someone who's properly waiting to break out big. Like big money big, not just kind of popular. Or someone who is already huge but hasn't had a path to the title for a while.

...Or CM Punk haha.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: Money In The Bank (also a test)   Tue May 08, 2018 1:52 pm

Oh, that Chicago crowd is going to be hilarious when Brock breaks the record. You just know Heyman is going to milk that moment too...

I thought either a tag or 205 ladder, not both - but the tag one would be great. A ladder match with New Day, Usos, Fashion Police and maybe Ziggler / McIntyre would be great.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Money In The Bank (also a test)   Sat May 12, 2018 4:58 pm

CM Punk vs Brock Lesnar

Hardly surprising. Would it be cool if there was a swerve and someone beat Lesnar on a Raw before the record is broken? Or not so much? If they built it as Brock defends 3 times leading to the ppv in open challenges and on the last one possible the record goes. Even if he defended it 3 times it could get people a bit more into it.

What are your thoughts about the reign now? I do think its passed a point of who cares, but saying that the heat they could get on Lesnar in Chicago will be unprecedented. If they acknowledge it properly on tv and with Heyman live. But after that where do they go? Everyone placed high enough has had a go, Braun could win mitb, but would it be worth it for the on the night cash in? I feel like Braun is so over he could get as great a reaction by throwing Lesnar around for 10 minutes and beating him, and then you've still got the case to further someone else's push.
Back to top Go down
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: Money In The Bank (also a test)   Mon May 14, 2018 9:42 am

All that graphic does is show how crap the title picture was in 2012. Considering Punk had the whole roster to go up against, and Brock essentially has just Raw, who out of that bunch could Punk have justifiably lost the title to? Daniel Bryan and Cena (conspicuous by his absence on the list) are the only two to have any kind of lasting headlining credibility.

Punk's reign, while epic in length - I'm struggling to remember much about it, other than the announcements of how many days it lasted, a couple of great matches vs Bryan and his turn on the Rock at Raw 1000 (was it 1000? Or 1500?). Defences against Ziggler, R-Truth, and the pool of averageness that is Del Rio don't make a reign epic.

I also wouldn't be surprised if Miz wins MITB. Not as recognition that he's been exceptional for the past year, but purely so Punk is not the only 2-time winner any longer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Money In The Bank (also a test)   Mon May 14, 2018 8:04 pm

I don't think I even watched much of Punk's 434 title run tbh. It wasn't the run where he beat Cena and left WWE as champion, and judging by the contenders it's clear why it was a time where i wasnt tuning in. I've not sat through any WWE over time if It doesn't hold my attention. You could also argue it shows Lesnar is more of a draw for PPV's. I think Punk was champion at some pretty low selling ppv's back then too, but not sure on specifics. I read something a month or so ago about best and worst buy rates.

I'm kind of thinking Miz too. But it is because he would knock it out of the park and make mitb mean something again
Back to top Go down
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: Money In The Bank (also a test)   Tue May 15, 2018 6:02 pm

I still had Sky at that point, so was watching Raw and SD each week. Raw was only 2 hours too, great memories...

Punk's reign wasn't made out to be a big deal, either. He rarely main-evented (from what I remember, Cena vs Laurinatus headlined a PPV ahead of Punk vs Bryan vs Kane which was over-shadowed by AJ Lee. Lesnar, when he's on Raw, is made out to be a big deal. He only has big fights, which have all been different and memorable for one reason or another.

I think Punk's reign looks epic in hindsight due to it's length, and the fact it's him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Money In The Bank (also a test)   Tue May 15, 2018 7:54 pm

Yeah that is fair. It does highlight the type of champion at least. One defended at 110 live tour shows, one did 4 live tour shows lol. So Punk made money for the company that way. It's hard to judge the type of money Brock makes for WWE. Not that it matters

I'm just a bit bored because we get the feeling that he's just holding it and wwe is just waiting now. I think he's not even scheduled for mitb at the moment either. I'd be a bit unsatisfied if there was no huge heat pay off for extending the run. It's a great way to solidify Brock as a twat to the audience, which it felt like they were trying to do a bit ago. Even if he doesn't have a match it's worth paying him to get a big reaction in Chicago.

Forgot to say last week Miz had another great match vs jeff hardy to qualify for mitb. He's on some memorable run.
Back to top Go down
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: Money In The Bank (also a test)   Wed May 16, 2018 9:36 am

They don't need to pay him to get a huge reaction in Chicago, just send in Heyman with a microphone...

From Raw on Monday - KO and Bobby Roode are both in the ladder match. If you're bored of Brock, then I'm utterly bored of Roode. Take away his entrance, and he offers nothing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Money In The Bank (also a test)   Wed May 16, 2018 2:06 pm

They want heat on Brock and the title hough, he has to be there to do his awful grin which is proper money. I think it might even work better if he told Heyman to stay backstage while he goes out to gloat about it whilst enjoying not having to fight at a ppv.

I liked Roode vs Elias, but now Roode is in mitb and Elias is out that rivalry is done before it even started. Other than that he hasn't done anything. WWE babyfaces on Raw are just handled terribly.

Roman was handled better this week though.

I'm not properly bored of Brock, just how they didn't really capitalise on the great balls of fire momentum for the main event scene and how things got drawn out. Joe got injured yes, but they've made Braun less fearsome since then, even though he's still doing well himself with performances. But he went from challenging Brock legit to teaming with Bliss, Kids and to a point where Drew McIntyre is staring him down and not looking like he's the billed 7 inches shorter than him lol. He's babyface now, but reactions won't last if they don't let him do what got him over in the first place.

I love the new Drew though, just look how slow he comes out now. Simple things. Ziggler still looks like an excited kid next to him even though they said on commentary his demeanour changed. But Drew has star quality. His mission statement to end all the lazy complacent superstars seems to describe Dolph better than anyone else too. I'm wondering if that will be the angle that comes out of this. But now he's broken Braun's trophy there might be that first

I do think I was ready for Roman to end the long Brock storyline at WM but they dragged it out to keep Brock as champion. That's probably the main thing. I wanted Roman to win ffs haha
Back to top Go down
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: Money In The Bank (also a test)   Wed May 23, 2018 5:19 pm

Fantasy booking alert:

I've been thinking of who to win MITB, and how to book the cash in. I reckon if WWE go with this, it's next year's Mania main event sorted!

Miz wins MITB. At Summerslam, it's AJ vs Bryan in a dream match for the WWE title. After an absolute epic, Bryan wins. Then Miz cashes in on him to win the title, spends the rest of the year avoiding Bryan whilst cutting promos about how shit Bryan is, he'll never be the Miz, etc.

Bryan wins the Rumble, and goes on to challenge Miz.

The promos, the matches, the history... That would be awesome (pun intended)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Money In The Bank (also a test)   Wed May 23, 2018 8:30 pm

Yeah I like that. I don't think I'd try to improve on it either. I'd happily buy into a long program between the two, or even just the big cash in moment and constant tension between the two and the chicken shittery of Miz that followed it up.

Another thing that plays into that booking is that Summerslam is in Brooklyn and Wrestlemania is in NY/NJ. Once they get that monumental heat on Miz there it will really stick with the loud eastern fan base and they would then get the eventual pay off match to end the story. If WWE is going to stick with and tie up a big story at WM this would be the biggest and best to do it with.

The other men in the match so far are Roode (No) Rusev (No) Balor (No) Strowman (No) New Day (No) Kevin Owens (No) Joe or Bryan and Miz (Yes)

To get the other guys out of the running i'll semi book and give reasons why they shouldn't win this year

Roode: let him carry on with Elias, everything physical they have done has actually been great, but it's a mid card feud over no title because Rollins has the Once Mid Card title and is performing as Raw's top champion.

Rusev: You would get a pop and some funny moments, but he doesnt need mitb, he needs a rivalry or storyline to play with. Have him and Lana quit Smackdown Live and eventually get the IC from Rollins, be the upper Mid Card likeable babyface with guys like a bad guy Bobby Roode, Mahal, Elias, Corbin, boring Lashley etc taking him on.

Balor: Meh. Raw really lacks something and Balor is my example for what it lacks. I have no idea of who would be a good opponent for him, because I no longer know what he is in WWE. Let him get creative or what is the point of keeping him lol. What could he do as Mr. Mitb? Smile, have zero body fat and have good matches that are instantly forgotten because it doesnt matter? At any moment they could do a story with him as he is still owed a rematch for the title too, so there's always that to fall back on lol

Strowman. Lost all momentum apart from bulldozing Elias. That was a taste of how to use him without making him a cringe wwe face. Monster stuff, good. Comedy, good. Babyface overly scripted lines, BAD. I'd like to see him bend the briefcase in anger rather than win it.

Kevin Owens. Already in a storyline as Steph and HHH's guy. That will surely develop into the power grab from Vince. I doubt "I recognise talent so don't mind that he headbutted Daddy" will be the last of the KO McMahon interactions. He's pretty much set. Or Steph can always turn on him. Either way he's a potential lead for storylines.

Joe or Bryan. Joe doesn't need it, he's a bad ass. Bryan if he qualified (keep him away from metal ladders please) would be better missing out to Miz than winning mitb, but that might make the other booking too obvious. I doubt it would add a layer if Miz cost Bryan mitb, cashed in on Bryan and then the final showdown at WM. But maybe it would. I expect Cass will be healed enough to cost Bryan next week, and also ruin a classic match for spme more serious internet and audience heat.

So there it is. Miz has to win, for the sake of all that is holy. Ready to be disappointed when they go with Balor or something now.

You kniw what though, I'd say right now it feels like SD is actually building for the main event slots at mitb and Raw is building for the other matches with Reigns vs Mahal and Nia vs Rousey, Zayn vs Lashley? So I'd confidently say SD has the case locked down at least.

But it's more than that, everyone. And I mean every damn talent on SD! Is looking like a proper WWE Superstar at the moment, performances in ring, on Mic, character work everything. And Raw is just a bit poopy. SD fit 3 or 4 hours of work into a 2 hour show. Raw had maybe an hour of show stretched in to the 3 hours.

I know it will only be show opener or maybe there isn't even anything planned, but Almas threatened if there is no competition I'll make competition, so even his matches vs jobbers have me hooked. I guess the only babyface free is Jeff Hardy US champion. We shall see. I just need to praise his heel work though, El Idolo is money. (And Vega) I could genuinely analyse in detail his work vs a Jobber. If you see SD, and you should because it's a great wrestling show and just a great fast paced tv show this week, check out every detail. It looks like he legitimately has no respect for the guy, and like he is prepared to hurt him for showing up in his world. And Almas isn't a monster like Braun, but he comes off as an absolutely awful human, and legit dangerous cunt of a wrestler. New Jack (city) That is some serious talent to look that awful a guy in character. The crowd bought in, the commentators bought in. I loved it. It really had that "should we step in and help the guy" feel. If he does face Jeff Hardy at mitb and Hardy is going to bump around for him it will be el increíble. It's a month until mitb and my excitement is already peaking
Back to top Go down
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: Money In The Bank (also a test)   Wed May 23, 2018 9:47 pm

I'd agree with everything, except I'd add one more thing - if Kofi is the one representing New Day, I'd love him to win it. I think at this point, New Day kinda need to turn heel again, their babyface stufff is starting to grate a little, so maybe turning heel would be good. Kofi holding the briefcase with Xavier cutting the promos and Big E providing the muscle could be great. Years ago, when the Shield had just started and Ambrose was in MITB, I wanted him to win as the dynamic of having a dominating three man crew holding the case opened up a lot of possibilities. I reckon New Day doing something similar could be equally as good.

Plus Kofi's earned it. He's done his time in the mid-card, he'll do something crazy in the match that'll get a pop. Him winning it could lead to something special.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Money In The Bank (also a test)   Thu May 24, 2018 11:05 am

I'd not mind seeing that either, It'd be good to see how they'd pull off getting heat. I was thinking during SD if New Day, or just Xavier had to work heel I wonder if he'd shut down his Youtube channel too, or start doing things that wind up gamers to really devote himself to the character. They brought up that he had 1.5 million subscribers and all that, and something about it made me think maybe he, or they could turning heel. His expressions or body language seemed different.

I'm not really bored of New Day as faces, but I do think they need some opponents to go up against for a few months though, without rivals it can get a bit samey, but they still pick up the atmosphere in a show enough for me.

There is always Sanity to debut, and Eric Young is a top quality heel for them to go up against in a more gritty way. Same as Uso's brought New Day way up to headline quality. They need that aggression to really look their best. It kind of makes sense leaving Sanity off tv while the tag division settles, because they don't need to go after titles, they need to go after New Day, turn Fun into Chaos or whatever. They could even show up and take New Day out at MITB. Leaving it a 7 man match. That would be a nice heated rivalry start. I'd quite like to see Young vs a New Day member for the US title one day too. But the roster is so stacked it'd be hard to have groups go for tag and singles gold. Especially as a long El Idolo reign is required.

Last edited by Admin on Thu May 24, 2018 5:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: Money In The Bank (also a test)   Thu May 24, 2018 4:14 pm

On the subject of Kofi, his clothesline on Sheamus off Cesaro's shoulder is a thing of beauty!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Money In The Bank (also a test)   Thu May 24, 2018 5:38 pm

It really was. Cesaro is great for crazy spots because he is such a strong guy and safe worker, so you know he'll be in position, not buckle and if you fuck up he'll catch you and make it look intentional, but for kofi to launch off just a shoulder after running up steps is pretty insane. It looked so smooth. Great roster it really is, I can't stop saying it.

Back to top Go down
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: Money In The Bank (also a test)   Wed May 30, 2018 7:44 pm

Both MITB line-ups now sorted, with the exception of the New Day member:

Dudes:

Braun vs KO vs Roode vs Balor vs New Day Member (hopefully Kofi) vs Joe vs Rusev vs Miz

Of those, I think the winner has to be either Miz, New Day or Rusev. Roode is nowhere near big enough to warrant the win, Strowman, Balor and KO don't need it, but Joe could also be good. Him vs AJ over the title would be pretty special (as would virtually every other guy on SD vs AJ, admittedly).

Ladies (which we've seemed to miss entirely!):

Charlotte vs Lana v Becky vs Naomi vs Sasha vs Ember Moon vs Natalya vs Alexa Bliss

Looking at that line-upl, there's a hell of a lot of potential. Natalya could win and cash in on Rousey straight after she's killed Jax, Charlotte to win and get her revenge on Carmella with a cash-in, Bliss has been awesome the past few years and could be great, Becky to make herself relevant again, Sasha as a way of getting her up the card... Lana, just so she doesn't die... there's a lot WWE can do with this...

After that, Reigns vs Mahal as the piss-break, couple of tag matches, and AJ vs Nakamura part 87.

Also Elias vs Rollins is rumoured for it. Kinda hoping Elias wins that and frees Seth up to go after Brock. Rollins has been in sensational form the last few months, I'd much prefer him to be the guy that beats Brock than Reigns or Strowman.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Money In The Bank (also a test)   Thu May 31, 2018 10:47 am

Got to be Miz, but there's a few I wouldn't mind. I don't think anybody the guys would be a waste in terms of them not being ready in some way, so that's a good spot to be in. Even if Roode won, despite not doing anything you know he coukd do great work with it, and could use it to turn heel. But you would know he wouldn't be cashing in on Lesnar lol. It would have to be in 6 months to a year against a Rollins type and he'd have to be full heel Roode. But I'd class him as my least favourite to win. Miz is by far the best option, but it's not like there's a Corbin in that mix. Everyone is either already over or a seasoned pro or both.

Oh and Rusev seems like he's on a recognisable slow face turn. Instead of him just being funny, he was put in a position to display his face credentials, as was Lana. They still had her hit the slap on naomi, but up until that point he was positioned differently to the normal grumpy Rusev who happens to be funny. If he does win mitb that might be the completion of a face turn, play off the reactions he gets wait to cash in on a Nakamura type instead of a Styles. Who knows. But i'm still pulling for the Miz booking you laid out.

Xavier Woods had some showing on Smackdown too. The way they use him is clever because you are made to forget how good he is because he spends half the time cheerleading. When he turns it on he can look like a right killer. I still like the fact they aren't announcing WHO as a way to get the upper hand, but I can still imagine Sanity taking them all out to start a 3 on 3 feud.

The women we haven't touched on, i've just been assuming Becky would win mitb this time since last year. 1 she's awesome, 2 she deserves it, 3 they've been keeping her ridiculously quiet all year. Sasha throws a spanner in the works because she's marketable as mitb winner, she needs to turn heel, and she can bump like a bitch for Rousey. Natalya betraying her friend also works. Thinking about it, character wise if Becky gets close and gets screwed again it could kick start a good run. If she's not in the title picture they need a good story that can play out while Carmella is champ.

I like AJ vs Nakamura 87. The internet is being really petty, but I'd much prefer a good run of matches that solidify Nakamuras character to casual fans than the one big WM match and them still not knowing what his deal is. If they had the epic one off classic at WM the casual fan still wouldn't get it. His slow cocky style now looks right in WWE. He fits in to the product now, while standing out as completely different to anyone else. They brawled through the crowd last week, that's the kind of thing they usually save for the big rivalries, because it's memorable to casual fans. I now really want to see Nakamura knee AJ who fights through to get to his feet only to get another knee in the back of the head, still make it up at 9, but then get squished between a knee and some steel structure, finally failing to make the count, or move much at all and fail to defend his title ending with a vicious Nakamura holding Aj's head up by the hair like a trophy kill.

But even doing that up until the last knee which can also be missed for AJ to defend. Either way cement AJ as an all heart champion that fights through anything for honour, and Nakamura as a vicious Japanese psycho fuck who gives no shits about Aj's career or life.

Elias vs Rollins would be good and a deserved step up. Still hoping for Jeff vs El Idolo too, but no Jeff on SD this week. Almas still looks like a star even though he only got about a minute backstage. He has no time for old mexican friends.

Daniel Bryan vs Cass II? I'm loving Bryan as the ruthless leg breaking hulking up babyface. Cass looks more legit in a suit, he should wrestle in a suit.
Back to top Go down
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: Money In The Bank (also a test)   Thu May 31, 2018 8:31 pm

Cass does nothing for me, as a singles guy. The only thing he's done that I'd give him credit for is his entrance to the last PPV when he managed to nod his head in time with his entrance with a big shit-eating grin on his chops. In-ring, he's completely and utterly bland. I'm just glad he's getting his push now and not in the run-up to Mania, at least he'll never amount to anything major.

The women, I've no idea who wins, but I think Raw wins one case, SD the other. Seeing as the SD guys offer a more likely winner, my money is on Sasha - MITB would fit nicely with the Legit Boss stuff.

Woods is great. I think he gets overlooked a bit because he's more of a cheerleader sometimes as he's so comfortable at the promo side of things, but I've always been impressed with him. He was great in that Cell match with the Usos, and I've always liked how he pokes fun at himself, the stuff they've done referring to him and Paige is usually pretty funny.

Random question - have anyone ever wrestled in a full suit? IRS is the closest I can think of, but he didn't wear the jacket...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Money In The Bank (also a test)   Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:28 am

Low Ki wrestles in Agent47 gear and he pulls it off. He is fantastic though.

Cass still can't do his own signature moves lol. I don't hate Cass, he does okay, but I just can't see it ever coming off in ring to the level he can talk (upperish midcard talker). He struggled to lift Daniel Bryan in the spinning side slam this week, and it always makes me cringe when he does it. He is getting a chance and he's trying his best to make it stick, but theres still big doubts. Most of his on mic stuff was okay, but still a few weird timings there too.

I've seen Woods Since he was Consequences Creed, but he's the complete package now, and that includes ability to get over with a new generation of kids, teens etc. Didn't see any of his run with Brodus to be fair so there's a big gap since seeing him in TNA and then WWE, but apart from being great in ring and being popular at the moment, he has this edge to his style and in his body language/expressions that he sometimes mixes in. And that is always a good thing, especually when half your time is spent on the comedy and kids stuff.

Money in the Banks. Mr and Mrs Money in the Bank. Monster in the Bank. These are the little marketing gimmick teases WWE is giving us. Out of those I'd think Sasha is the most likely and they might want to push that as a thing. When was the last time someone had their branding printed on the case? That used to happen, Right? Purple case, Legit Boss stamp, Money in The Banks with the Banks stylised. Maybe people used to ask for it and these days not so much.

And then Miz needs no gimmick for it, just to brag and brag and rub it in to Bryan that he's getting a shot and Bryan can't even qualify.
Back to top Go down
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: Money In The Bank (also a test)   Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:48 pm

Low Ki's a great shout. I also thought Jack Gallagher does too, sort of, waistcoat but no jacket.

They did used to customise the briefcases, Sandow's was an embossed leather number. I quite liked it!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Money In The Bank (also a test)   Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:22 pm

Weird continuation but at NJPW dominion 6.9 Naito (in my picture) wrestled in a suit (with a waistcoat!) as part of the shoot fight element of his match with Chris Jericho. Check out the match if you haven't already simply for the intensity Jericho brings as a part time wrestler.

Now MITB Jericho's match/PPV...

Last week Raw laid a real egg. I don't remember any real redeeming features of any of the build lol. Although I don't think the KO having doubts over jumping off a ladder is as bad as some people make out, in the HIAC he did the same thing, sometimes the KO character asks himself is it worth hurting myself in this moment. As it wasn't a match he could legitimately have that internal battle of "is it worth it right now"

The weirdest thing is probably the will Rousey be ready for Nia videos? She threw HHH around like a little bitch in their rivalry but now Nia is supposed to be too big to hurt. Thankfully this week they did something physical to show why the video promo was stupid, with Rousey throwing Nia around and tapping her out. All set for Nia to get DQ'd or she has no chance of retaining? Rousey could win, but it's only worth it if the mitb winner is involved with her at some point, right?

What else... The Raw ladder promo thing was way worse than the One with Owens, Zayn, Cesaro etc. Script city. I could see SD winning both matches at this rate. There's just a different feel to their build to the actual mitb matches. Although I'm yet to see any of SD's go home show. Joe doesn't feel restricted by scripts, nor does Miz, New Day or even Rusev at times. The Raw women had a good 4 way match this week though, so the spots they could come up with should be good, add to that SD have the Charlotte and Becky friendly rivalry, reunion with Sasha (who can stab them in the back if necessary) and the weird Lana and Naomi dance rivalry, but more importantly Naomi's athleticism to add to the match, it should be good. Raw probably looking more likely at the moment actually, Natalya still set to feature or they are teasing replacing her with the knee injury? She got the win on Raw, which legitimizes her threat, but if the injury is supposed to be to keeping the doubt for the shock win, unsure why she won the match. I'll stop analysing too much now lol, I'm banking on Sasha anyway...

The confirmed card

Ember Moon vs. Charlotte Flair vs. Alexa Bliss vs. Becky Lynch vs. Natalya vs. Lana vs. Naomi vs. Sasha Banks Money in the Bank ladder match for a women's championship contract[24]

Braun Strowman vs. Finn Bálor vs. The Miz vs. Rusev vs. Bobby Roode vs. Kevin Owens vs. Samoa Joe vs. TBA (Big E, Kofi Kingston, or Xavier Woods) Money in the Bank ladder match for a world championship contract[25]

AJ Styles (c) vs. Shinsuke Nakamura Last Man Standing match for the WWE Championship[26]

Nia Jax (c) vs. Ronda Rousey Singles match for the WWE Raw Women's Championship[27]

Carmella (c) vs. Asuka Singles match for the WWE SmackDown Women's Championship[28]

Roman Reigns vs. Jinder Mahal Singles match[29]

The Bludgeon Brothers (Harper and Rowan) (c) vs. Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson Tag team match for the WWE SmackDown Tag Team Championship[30]

Bobby Lashley vs. Sami Zayn Singles match[31]

Seth Rollins (c) vs. Elias Singles match for the WWE Intercontinental Championship[32]

Daniel Bryan vs. Big Cass Singles match[33]

Some good stuff mostly at the upper end of the card, there are some big names in some very undercard feeling matches too. If that's the match order Roman is in danger of being the interlude piss break match if the tag match goes by quick and Squash like. I know I want to see Carmella vs Asuka, I imagine a lot of people do because of the work Carmella has put into her character and how much of a beast Asuka is. And the winner is important to the mitb match as it's a potential title to go for. As is Rousey vs Nia and obviously AJ/Nakamura
Back to top Go down
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: Money In The Bank (also a test)   Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:36 pm

So, having watched over the course of a few days...

Strowman winning - can't help thinking he's the wrong choice. My shout is he wins so Reigns can beat Lesnar at Summerslam and then have Strowman cash straight in. Shame, they could have done so much more with Miz winning, or Kofi. Sucks that MITB has just become another tool to try and get Reigns liked.

Women's MITB - I really enjoyed this one! Thought it was really well done, and although I'd read spoilers and knew who was winning, I wish I hadn't known. The way it was all laid out made it almost impossible to call the winner and some really nasty spots in it too. If ever the argument should be made that the female wrestlers are the equal of the guys, for me, this match is the perfect example.

Ronda Rousey - seriously, how good is she going to be? She's nailed selling, her offence looks great and in her first singles match, gave Jax the match of her career. She's got pro-wrestling already.

Shinsuke Nakamura - he's never going to be champ, is he? Best match of their series by some distance. Looks like he's going to face Jeff Hardy for the US title, whilst AJ wastes time on Rusev before the inevitable series with Daniel Bryan. Kinda hoping Joe gets added to that mix too.

Rest of it... meh.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Money In The Bank (also a test)   Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:43 pm

Yeah I think a lot of times the Women are outperforming the men too. But overall it really is a whole lot more even now. There are legit draws, good workers and interesting characters and mixes of all 3.

I think honestly I prefered the 3 women's matches of the PPV, although one of them was not just because Mella is Money, but because I had no idea Elsworth wad coming back. Can't wait to see Asuka throw him around. Good little feud building with lots of ways to keep Asuka coming out without being able to overcome the tactics of the heels.

The MITB had me guessing who would win, I liked that Becky just missed out again character wise, although on the following SD she just went on to "build momentum with a win"

Cashing in on Nia via Rousey became obvious after Bliss won mitb, but I genuinely got drawn in to Rousey's match later on and so I forgot all about the potential mitb threat, so that was cool. I'm a genuine Rousey Mark, she is this generations Stone Cold. She's not all there yet, but the potential is so huge, and the Raw work was a furthering of why she's a great watch. She can kick ass, take names and even though it was a little awkward swinging the case you can forgive that because she's beating everyone up and that is entertaining. The crowd instantly forgives her for going at Angle when she took out the refs too lol.

Jeff Vs Nakamura was my call for WM, but oh well. It should be good. They are still getting Nakamura over with casual fans and it is working slowly, it is good to give him a body of work on WWE tv no matter how big his name internationally, WWE is in a bubble and always will be, unless HHH changes it a bit

We Want Miz! He'll have to win the title in a more boring way now to set something big up. I got the feeling AJ is going to Raw soon weirdly, I cant remember why, but it felt like it was lurking in my mind whilst watching at some point. Hopefully not and we get a year of dream matches on dual brand PPV's to make up for Raw's lack of title picture.

I'm pretty sure the crowd is souring or going to sour on Strowman. "My buddy Finn Balor" Very Monsterous. He should just take the title when he wants without a case because he's a freaking beast. I think we could forgive him not winning a ladder match too.

Rollins vs Lesnar being set up it seems like with the loss to Ziggler. Then hopefully Ziggler vs Drew as Dolph "goes soft" as champion. He still seems like filler to set up a claymore to his face

So yeah summing up MITB and following Weeklies. The Women are on top and SD is still better than Raw other than that
Back to top Go down
Fergie22

PostSubject: Re: Money In The Bank (also a test)   Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:37 pm

Strowman should cash in during Lesnar's return match in UFC.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: Money In The Bank (also a test)   Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:54 am

Ha! That would be worth it just to see the outrage in UFC fans. Especially if Braun used it to win the UFC title and then never showed up to defend it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Money In The Bank (also a test)   

Back to top Go down

Money In The Bank (also a test)
Page 1 of 1