Rebirth of Wrestling
Welcome. Log in or create an account to join in the wrestling discussions

Rebirth of Wrestling

A community for wrestling fans. News and debates on everything wrestling.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Welcome to a new wrestling forum. Sign up and share your opinions on anything concerning the squared circle.
The Broken Niceboard

Share | 

The Road to Wrestlemania

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Road to Wrestlemania   Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:00 pm

Reportedly filming ultimate deletion today at the Hardy compound. He's dropped a lot of hints, and he won't want to disappoint. It could be the weirdest thing on wwe tv in years.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: The Road to Wrestlemania   Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:22 am

Rumours this morning that KO and Zayn won't be having a singles match, but will both de dumped into the Andre Battle Royal. Given the whole angle with Shane, I can't help thinking that would be a letdown, unless one of them wins.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: The Road to Wrestlemania   Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:34 pm

In huge breaking news, the 'roids dealer has now provided his evidence, showing Reigns is implicated in buying steroids.

Except it's Luther Reigns, not Roman.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Road to Wrestlemania   Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:54 pm

What a wind up Laughing

Sami has been really good lately, so unless they get stuck in a garbage match as the story and then go on to cause more mayhem it will be a bit crap. His singles match with AJ, his annoying persona tweaks and finally grabbing the brass ring, or at least looking like he could be a legit threat this week has shown he belongs up there and is a big potential draw on SD. I'd not have minded that finish at FastLane leading to Sami vs AJ vs Shinsuke. Or a quick turn around on SD with AJ winning it back due to KO interference. Then saving his rematch until after the draft/talent swap.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Road to Wrestlemania   Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:58 pm

Quote :
The Matt Hardy vs. Bray Wyatt 'Ultimate Deletion' match is coming to WWE, with the company filming the action at the Hardy Compound in Cameron, North Carolina yesterday afternoon (as per PWInsider).

According to the write-up, referee Shawn Bennett was sent to officiate the mayhem. Jeremy Borash, who was instrumental in producing much of Hardy's 'Broken' content in TNA, was on site to work on the shoot, though there's no word on whether or not WWE brought any other talents along.

cheers
Back to top Go down
Fergie22

PostSubject: Re: The Road to Wrestlemania   Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:57 am

Hardy has been tweeting that the "W" is going to sound "Br" soon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Road to Wrestlemania   Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:27 pm

Yeah they need to start again almost, and this will be the new beginning. Delete the Wyatt character. Break Matt Hardy's mind and body some more to explain why he's loopy as fuck to the wwe audience.
Back to top Go down
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: The Road to Wrestlemania   Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:56 pm

Today's Mania rumour is Shane O'Macs supposed opponent...

Allegedly going to be Dolph Ziggler. Its one way of justifying his new contract, I guess...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Road to Wrestlemania   Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:30 pm

Watched the first two FastLane matches live and thought they were really quite good for starters. Knowing that the New Day vs Uso's match and the main event is still to come I'm quite positive in thinking this will be a well above average show for sure. Flair vs Riott could also be good, there's not much story there but the vignette using Riott's first major projo built it up enough to be interesting too. We shall see.

Highlight so far... Machka Kick! And possibly Nakamura's most interesting match so far on the main roster.

And Roode looks like he's becoming a more complex Bobby Roode. I like the even match up style with Orton too. People say styles make fights, but I like good mirror image match ups too. It creates a different type of problem to overcome.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Road to Wrestlemania   Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:29 am

I'm probably in the IWC minority, but apart from the women's tag match, and the obviously rushed parts of New Day vs Uso's letting you know we're getting the screwy finish, I enjoyed FastLane.

The screwy finish was pretty action packed and brutal so that in itself became a spectacle.

Charlotte and Riott had a good match, a few awkward spots, but still good considering it was Riott's singles PPV debut.  

I initially hated the open of the main event, because everyone had to really act stupid, apart from Styles. It was an okay match for a 6 pack, but it's hard not to be watchable when it's just high spots and signature moves string together... at one point when KO was on the table I thought he'd randomly do his elbow for no reason. Instead he saved AJ from losing twice, which felt weird and very stupid going in to wrestlemania because Styles is supposed to be capable of beating 5 men alone without help, unless you book it so he isn't twice in a week... But I'm happy to ignore that

During the main event fantasy booking took over in my mind and I kind of hoped they had Cena win and AJ take his rematch on SD to further the Cena losing his chance at WM thing and get his 17th out of the way without hurting anyone else. But then I thought, wouldn't it be cool that when Cena wins a 17th there was a mitb holder, say the Miz. Snd they have Flair congratulate Cena, as he will do... but then give him a low blow before a cash in. That would please the people that want the 17th and the IWC when he gets humiliated straight away. Obviously the main event did less to keep me focused lol. I never felt AJ would lose during the match, which before it started I thought was still an option.

What did anyone else think? Haven't seen much positivity about the ppv, but the matches were mostly good. So maybe people are just pissed. Or don't like anything in wrestling now that isn't Will Ospreay levels of insane athleticism.

Last edited by Admin on Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: The Road to Wrestlemania   Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:10 am

It was kinda the same as Elimination Chamber for me - the results were predictable, but the matches were good.

Usos vs New Day was brilliantly done, I thought. Loved how they used each others moves, and Harper & Wyatt looked absolute beasts when they destroyed both teams. i'm hoping that's the Mania ladder match set, with Gable and Shelton added in for good measure. The Usos absolutely have to be on the main show this year, they've been far too good not to be.

The best description I've seen of the Roode / Orton match was that they had a really good 8-10 minute match, that took 8-10 minutes to get to. I spent a large portion of the first half of it bored, and then it livened up. Those two plus Jinder for the US title looks set, but hopefully on the pre-show. Nothing about that match screams 'Must see Mania match!'.

Question - is Roode only over because of his entrance? Take that away, and he's got very little going for him. He's kinda dull...

Women's tag was boring, but Carmella impresses me more each time I see her.

Riott vs Flair was good. The Asuka ending was even better, that match is going to be a belter. I also wouldn't have a problem if it main-evented the show either - it'll have a hell of a crowd reaction, much better than Lesnar vs Reigns is going to!

Nakamura vs Rusev - that kick! Naka vs AJ is going to be a great match, and probably the Mania match I'm most looking forward to.

Finally, the main event - still intrigued by the Shane / KO / Zayn storyline and where that's going (it's going to be a triple threat, isn't it, to go with all the others). Corbin looked good for his short showing, Ziggler looked good (but I hate that he has 'Heel' written over his tights, just in case you didn't know he's a bad guy now...). AJ winning was the best result, but I would have thought Naka could have come out at the end for a staredown.

Some interesting stuff on Raw last night, Mania seems to be shaping up nicely...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Road to Wrestlemania   Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:15 pm

I could still see Asuka challenging both Bliss and Flair in one match, but haven't watched any of Raw yet. Wouldn't be surprised if they did a Bliss vs Nia set up.

Asuka coming out was one of the real highlights. I love how they've used her, and she is as over as anyone has been along with Flair they are just huge stars. I'd class myself as an Asuka Mark.  I'd still go with my idea of both titles on the line, Asuka winning both and Carmella cashing in to take the SD title instantly. Ending the streak in a memorable way that really gets Carmella heat and some sympathy for Asuka. Starting fresh with Asuka defending the Raw title all year, but losing the odd non title match so she's not too isolated. Then next year Asuka vs Rousey if she's developed enough.

I didn't mind the time that Roode vs Orton got and the slow start, I was invested. I agree about WWE Roode, for me he's been tepid because of writing and the stutter start and forced face feel. But his reaction to the loss is the start of the real Roode imo. He got it spot on post match. Orton going in as champion probably looks better on posters too. I still don't know why Jinder is involved. But building the tension between Roode and Orton is good. They keep mentioning things like Roode wants to be Orton, wants to be the next legend killer. Not really the right age for doing that, so I don't know what the goal is with all of that talk. Maybe he could restart and evolve evolution. That I'd like. Before they paired up Charlotte and Roode in the MMC i've been hoping for a new mixed stable in the evolution mould. It just feels like it would work. Blue chip superstars only interested in gold.

Orton on talking smack seems pumped for a feud with Roode. Sounds like he wants to do some great work with him.

The back and forth between new day and Uso's was awesome. They had to change it up and they did. Ladder match sounds good to me. Gable and Benjamin or Sanity? Although Raw needs the new tag teams really and SD already has BB as the weird anarchic team.

KO and Sami vs Shane and Vince Laughing

I love the simple psychological game Shinsuke is playing so I'm glad they can push ahead with that now. He's under Styles skin, and that's the only way you can beat him. Unless you're Cena on SD or Sami twice or KO, without Shane. Or Brock obviously lol... match will go 60+ mins, do you think? WWE will want to get a 7 star rated mega match, right?
Back to top Go down
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: The Road to Wrestlemania   Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:21 pm

Admin wrote:

The back and forth between new day and Uso's was awesome. They had to change it up and they did. Ladder match sounds good to me. Gable and Benjamin or Sanity? Although Raw needs the new tag teams really and SD already has BB as the weird anarchic team.

Shelton. The answer to that is always Shelton.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Road to Wrestlemania   Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:32 pm

So this whole Cena vs Undertaker thing. Good enough promo and whatever, but is he getting the Deadman, or is he getting the American Badass. As kid rock is going in to the HOF they will probably want him play live lol. I think it might actually make more sense for Taker to come back as a regular guy who kicks ass rather than the fabled deadman character which feels like it has run it's course after the two losses and the weird speech at raw 25.

Last edited by Admin on Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: The Road to Wrestlemania   Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:45 pm

Didn't Cena specifically call out the Deadman, though?

Kid Rock could be re-enacting his Mania 25 appearance and playing the Divas in for their Battle Royal. I'd much prefer that than the American Bad-Ass.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Road to Wrestlemania   Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:41 am

Yeah, I think he did. but does Cena always get what he wants? Smile

Don't you feel like the Undertaker is gone now? He's done his last diggin' holes promo, surely. I don't think it looks good for him if he comes back with that mystique after two Mania losses. But coming back as a pissed off Mark Callaway no bullshit kind of dude, that would make sense. They could leave it until Mania if they are happy with not advertising it, have Cena hop the rail grab a Mic and say last chance Mark. Fight me. Ignoring logic that he'd have a live band waiting. But I don't know, it'd be different. Motorbike revving instead of a gong.

Cena was goading the real guy behind the myth as well. He did it this week when he mentioned work out videos on his wife's IG. I'd buy in to it being a real fight between real men more than THE UNDERTAKER vs Super Cena.
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06

PostSubject: Re: The Road to Wrestlemania   Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:28 am

you see I had a chat with my mate on the phone he was saying how taker had a good send off last year to which I said just cos its taker doesn't have to be the dead man you can have that taker retired theres still always another taker who could come along the American bad ass which I think people would like to see one more time, also with Cena calling out taker by his wifes instagram is another thing making me think it wont be the deadman as never be a mention of his real life.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
boschbourne06

PostSubject: Re: The Road to Wrestlemania   Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:34 am

rumours flying around this morning is Elias will be Brauns tag partner for WM why Elias put his guitar down and walked of hint at it and will be there first WWE title runs.

Also going around is Zayn & Owens Vs Shane & Vince supposedly why he done the whole dad speech on SD this week.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Road to Wrestlemania   Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:42 am

Ding. He's trying to goad the man. I'm convinced now other's are seeing it. Street fight brawl would better suit it too. Cena can take a big chokeslam bump off something, Badass can get FU'd onto a big cushion with a thin bit of exploding chip board on top of it etc. And the rest can be hitting eachother with monitors, pipes and closed fists. This feels like it's leading to a fight not a regular match.

Maybe chain up Cena to the bike and drive up the ramp with him dragged along behind. That would be a memorable stunt, and it's so Mark Callaway. The biker version of the classic western movie spot Laughing

Last edited by Admin on Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Road to Wrestlemania   Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:45 am

Admin wrote:

KO and Sami vs Shane and Vince Laughing  

I thought I made that up haha.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Road to Wrestlemania   Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:25 am

“I need a celebrity to fight me at #WrestleMania34 ! #RusevDay.

“RusevDay Vs Celebrity #RusevDayVsCelebrity.”
Back to top Go down
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: The Road to Wrestlemania   Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:19 am

boschbourne06 wrote:

Also going around is Zayn & Owens Vs Shane & Vince supposedly why he done the whole dad speech on SD this week.

If that happens, it's absolute madness that Vince, at the age of 72 and utterly nuts can be cleared to wrestle, and Daniel Bryan can't.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: The Road to Wrestlemania   Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:23 am

Rusev is going to be the new Zack Ryder. He's managed to get himself over, despite WWE's best efforts for him not to. He'll be dumped into the Andre battle royal and that's all he'll get.

Bit of a backlash against the Moolah battle royal too - all the stories of her pimping out other female wrestlers, against their wishes, starting to come back into the social consciousness. Right as the #MeToo stuff is happening. You have to love WWE's revisionist version of Moolah's history, about being a female pioneer in wrestling, when she was anything but.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Road to Wrestlemania   Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:00 pm

Apparently Steph helped write her out of history. I actually had no idea about this stuff until today. It's weird that they'd write her back into history again just for a battle royal. Maybe they'll shock everyone and change it to Chyna memorial.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Road to Wrestlemania   Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:33 pm

They've changed it to the "Wrestlemania Women's Battle Royal"
Back to top Go down
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: The Road to Wrestlemania   Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:50 pm

Probably for the best!

Rock has retweeted Rusev and suggested Kevin Hart...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Road to Wrestlemania   Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:46 pm

The Miz is a celeb...
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Road to Wrestlemania   Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:48 am

The KO, Sami and Shane build up really kicked up this week anyway. I think it deserves a mention. Regardless of what you think of Shane going to WM, those three work really well together. The only problem is they really have to make it stick this time. Get them over big time and keep them up there with some future wins.

They absolutely destroyed Shane on Smackdown, and it was a joy to behold. A really well done, violent attack with Shane selling his ass off. And they are still not 100% in the wrong because Shane went out his way to cost them again. I imagine the pay off will be really memorable so i'm in agreement with Grecian, this has to be one of the must see WM matches.
Back to top Go down
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: The Road to Wrestlemania   Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:18 pm

I think the interesting bit is how it plays out. I can't see it being a simple match between KO and Zayn, Shane has to be involved somewhere. I'm wondering if they'll go with some kind of tag street fight stipulation, so Shane can do his crazy spot. Obvious guy to get involved is Bryan, but I've also wondered if Big Show could be brought in as Shane's partner, or maybe someone like Ziggler. I'm guessing they'd want a relatively big name face to join in, so possibly Jericho (but I seem to think he's in Europe touring that night).

I just hope to all that's holy it's not Vince...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: The Road to Wrestlemania   Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:19 pm

Grecian wrote:
Probably for the best!

Rock has retweeted Rusev and suggested Kevin Hart...

And brilliantly, Macauley Culkin has said he'll do it. Rusev's reply was that he couldn't hit little Kevin McCallister or Richie Rich.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Road to Wrestlemania   

Back to top Go down

The Road to Wrestlemania
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next