Rebirth of Wrestling
Welcome. Log in or create an account to join in the wrestling discussions

Rebirth of Wrestling

A community for wrestling fans. News and debates on everything wrestling.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Welcome to a new wrestling forum. Sign up and share your opinions on anything concerning the squared circle.
The Broken Niceboard

Share | 

Small news items

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Grecian

PostSubject: Small news items    Thu May 17, 2018 6:16 am

As I didn't think it merited a thread of its own:

Enzo Amore has had his charges of sexual assault dropped. His statement also claims he only found out about what he was accused of when it appeared on the Internet. Don't think he'll be rehired though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Small news items    Fri May 18, 2018 9:59 am

I think if he knows he's not untouchable he might reign in it on the road. If they did rehire him I'd like to see him attempt to become the best manager in wrestling history. There's no one like him, but as a wrestler he's very forgettable. No one has missed him for that.

In other news. It begins...

USA are going to pay 3x what Raw is worth to keep it and let SD leave to cover costs... so now WWE can present to other bidding channels that SD has their A Roster and can be extended to 3 hours if the networks would like that lol. If you look Stock has leaped from the steady 40 dollars it's been at to 50 dollars already. The bidding Channels have been worked nicely.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: Small news items    Sat May 19, 2018 3:39 pm

I did read that if the USA Network deal goes ahead, it would make Raw more profitable than PPV's for the first time ever. I'm assuming it would also mean that Raw would be prioritised over PPV (and maybe the Network?) so all the big stuff happens on TV instead.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Small news items    Sun May 20, 2018 10:24 am

Once the deal is signed that's that though. If USA struggles to sell the advertising to the price they want they might have words about WWE giving them something, but in essence they are paying a price based on current ratings draws anyway and the competition from internet based companies has driven the bidding prices way up. WWE will want to give USA some good stuff still i'd assume, but that could mean more cross brand celebrity stuff or maybe a return to big soap opera storylines that run for months.

I'm intrigued about the two shows being on separate networks, USA has the family, action and entertainment base, but if SD goes to a more sports driven network you could get a totally different style of show. Maybe do what New Japan does but with a bigger budget. If WWE ever wants to dominate the entire market again it would be wise having two different products on network television.

Back to top Go down
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: Small news items    Mon May 21, 2018 8:15 pm

Fox has apparently bought SD. A one billion dollar deal for 5 years, starting from October 2019.

Utterly crazy to think their ratings are down, but the money they're pulling in is obscene.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Small news items    Tue May 22, 2018 4:29 pm

One Billion Dollars

Back to top Go down
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: Small news items    Tue May 22, 2018 9:04 pm

The one in the wig is probably a better wrestler.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Small news items    Thu May 31, 2018 11:26 am

Fox have promised they will embrace WWE more than USA ever has—with cross-promotion during major sporting events, the addition of a UFC-style weekly studio show, and no hesitation or shame.

I honestly think being on a more sports centric channel group will do wonders for WWE. People who are put off by an idea they have of wrestlers not being athletes could be swayed if they accidentally see some of the better WWE stuff during their sports and booze filled evenings. And kids in sports channel binging households will be drawn in with the mystical "what is this" effect. I know I first got hooked on wrestling because before football practise on a weekend there were repeats of the weeks WWF in the morning. And people taped stuff on Sky Sports. Directly from a sports network came this crazy athletic madness with more personality than anything you'd get from any other athletes. Being on sports networks draws new fans more effectively than being on an entertainment network does, because wrestling stands out with it's superior characters to sports, but often comes off as stupid or incredibly niche compared to other scripted tv.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Small news items    Thu May 31, 2018 2:20 pm

Cena has called out the locker room for laziness and complacency again. At this point maybe he should leave that to Drew Mcintyre. A guy who admits to that flaw, got released and fought back, and is now somehow a heel for that reason in his story arc lol. But he's a good proper WWE heel, so whatever.

I'd not mind seeing WWE work this into a story and have Drew accuse Cena of being king of the complacent, coming back only when he wants to for a big pay cheque. That would be a nice Summerslam rivalry. Drew going over Cena and going on to challenge Rollins or Reigns down the line.
Back to top Go down
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: Small news items    Thu May 31, 2018 8:33 pm

Enzo's been keeping himself busy, making terrible rap videos...:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Small news items    Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:23 am

I watched this without sound lol I'm guessing that's a wise choice. What's he doing with his hands?

Interesting article on Forbes. https://www.forbes.com/sites/alfredkonuwa/2018/06/02/wwe-superstars-would-be-insane-not-to-unionize-following-2-billion-tv-deals/#bdf4dcb70885

My only issue is it's comparing WWE to a sports team with its percentages of pay, where WWE is more like a governing body with 100's of individual athletes on their books, the same as UFC, so until we know how they rule on UFC you can't make comparisons with other sports entities because they don't relate in any way to the structure.

It would be a more interesting to compare WWE to a film studio, and notoriously the studio wins big where writers, actors, directors and so on, get only a tiny fraction of the revenue despite all together making up 100% of the creative process. And actors already have a union in place.

It will be interesting to see if WWE does modernise it's ways regarding pay though. I bet Neville is watching closely with his frozen independent contract and inability to work anywhere. Unless he shows up at the UK show and everything is forgotten.
Back to top Go down
Fergie22

PostSubject: Re: Small news items    Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:46 pm

Big Cass released.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: Small news items    Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:06 pm

Just seen that. That's a bit of a shocker...

Also interesting that WWE did not wish him all the best in his future endeavours.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Small news items    Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:10 am

Well then let's speculate the reasons on top of his drunkenness and shit attitude ha ha

1. Slapped Carmella

2. Was reckless in ring and nearly injured Bryan

3. Hid Enzo in his luggage
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Small news items    

Back to top Go down

Small news items
Page 1 of 1