Rebirth of Wrestling
Welcome. Log in or create an account to join in the wrestling discussions

Rebirth of Wrestling

A community for wrestling fans. News and debates on everything wrestling.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Welcome to a new wrestling forum. Sign up and share your opinions on anything concerning the squared circle.
The Broken Niceboard

Share | 

The Life of CM Punk

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Grecian

PostSubject: The Life of CM Punk   Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:00 am

Contains a UFC spoiler from last night

He wins his libel trial against the doctor in WWE, mainly on the basis that the doctor found all the online comments and tweets about himself when he indulged in a spot of vanity googling. Punk saves himself and Cabana $4 million.

During the trial, admitted he wasn't in a good place at the end of his WWE run and was pretty ill. Fair play to the guy for leaving.

Then last night he has his second fight in UFC, against a photographer. After another 2 years of full time training, manages to lose. That has to be the end of his UFC career.

What next for Punk? A smaller MMA promotion where he might win? All In and a return to wrestling?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Life of CM Punk   Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:34 pm

There was no way he could represent himself in court and win a legit UFC fight at the same time really. I'm shocked they didn't change the fight date, but then again it was in Chicago so that's the only place he can draw in MMA I'd guess.

From this point on I'd imagine WWE could start to try and build bridges, I think Bullet Club as a brand needs someone like Punk too. He's still hot property in wrestling and can pretty much command any price within reason on deals he makes. Does he have the passion or drive? I couldn't say. He works for Marvel on comics, and likes being in Chicago. I could see him only working Chicago shows on some weird ego driven part time wrestler basis lol.

Honestly I'd love to see him cut a promo on Lesnar and his reign that's just passed Punk's in the most low key way imaginable, and on the general state of WWE, either on a WWE broadcast or at some indie show, the All In date is too far away to do anything relating to that, but would work if he joined Bullet Club. At some point Cody or The Bucks will be in WWE and Bullet Club needs a star power spike

Imagine if WWE sorted relations out for a part time deal, got off it's script everything to the letter fetish and just gave Punk a live mic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Life of CM Punk   Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:13 pm

Watched the replay, it went from Punk looking like an amateur, slowly spinning after kicks looking vulnerable to anyone with skill, tiring quickly, and eventually to everyone just feeling kind of sad and sorry for him. It's awkward and not entertaining. "He's trying. He is... trying" "if I had to guess I'd say someone paid Jackson to make it last 3 full rounds" were a few key commentary points.

The video going in was so low key too, with Punk softly saying he will win because he's learned a lot more and it's in Chicago

When he was on his back in the second he looked like he didn't know how to escape, the commentary team kept mentioning techniques and moves he should be doing whilst saying he just isn't doing the basics that should be instinctive to a fighter.

It's bad for wrestling, it's bad for MMA, it's bad for fans and it's bad for Punk.

Now if it were Enzo getting in to MMA that'd be something. I think people would like to see him get embarrassed.

Punk vs Enzo might be one way of saving his mma career lol
Back to top Go down
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: The Life of CM Punk   Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:56 pm

Apparently the UFC show bombed on PPV, less than 150,000 buys. That's definitely the end of Punk in UFC.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Life of CM Punk   Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:00 pm

Suppose everyone who really wanted to see him fight again was in attendance. He's got balls but criticism on his technique is fair as far as I'm concerned. If you compare him to the rest of the talent on roster is there anyone with less ability? He drew money first time, showed heart the second, but no one could justify a third.

WWE doctor Amann is fucked though, so I'm sure Punk is over the UFC stuff now. He's going to be fired as soon as WWE confirm reports he was banging Jillian Hall whilst she was his patient, alongside his other bad PR. I think at first they were just going to let his deal run out, but now they will probably make an example of him.

Back to top Go down
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: The Life of CM Punk   Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:10 pm

Aye, a doctor screwing his patient is grounds for him being in deep shit. Punk's either got to go for a crapper MMA promotion to try and get a win (but if four years of training results in him being that bad, he's going to fight the American version of me or something) or go back to wrestling. I'd imagine he could name his price to go to NJPW or RoH, maybe TNA if they could get some serious backing?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Life of CM Punk   Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:19 pm

Just a note on Punk and wrestling. I think i've made it clear I've always had no doubt that Punk will return to WWE, and since Joe signed in NXT I've said this is how they will do it. Joe is now positioned to be top title contender, eventually he will be champion, and a very dominant champion. When he has beaten everyone who will be left he will ask. And then we get the biggest moment in modern day wrestling.

I know if I've thought it, HHH has thought it. And as a promoter, HHH will have secretly dedicated his work to acheiving this moment.

I don't miss Punk, I don't really care if this doesn't happen, but this would have a bigger impact than anything he could do anywhere else in or out of wrestling, and CM Punk's ego knows this too. I don't care if people think he wants to stick it to WWE. If this option is on the table along with other options, he's taking it ahead of the others.
Back to top Go down
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: The Life of CM Punk   Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:04 pm

Ring of Honor have approached him about their MSG show. I think if he's going to wrestle again, that'll be where and when.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Life of CM Punk   Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:04 pm

I think Punk and his ego know he could still main event WrestleMania on a fairly easy on the body schedule. If he gets the love for wrestling back, why not go for the biggest run possible.
Back to top Go down
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: The Life of CM Punk   Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:56 am

In more Punk fun, he's now being sued by Colt Cabana, of all people - Colt is saying that Punk told him he'd pay for all of their legal fees for the WWE lawsuit, and has now reneged, leaving Colt with around half a million bucks' worth of lawyering fees to pay.

He may be forced to come back to WWE for the money, if nothing else. I hope he enjoys jobbing to Trips at Mania!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Life of CM Punk   Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:39 pm

Well Colt will lose that case surely? It's a dick move by Punk, but there is no real reason for Punk to pay legal fees for him just because he was his friend at the time and said he'd pay. After all they were originally sued because of comments on Colt Cabanas podcast.

They fell out a while ago too and people reported it was over Cabana being backstage at WWE, but apparently that was incorrect. So maybe it was a more personal reason they fell out and Punk is just tired of him.

I don't even really care. I'll wait for CM Punk the movie or for him to wrestle again, otherwise he's just a guy in Chicago. And I don't watch ROH so I have no interest in Cabana
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Life of CM Punk   

Back to top Go down

The Life of CM Punk
Page 1 of 1