Rebirth of Wrestling
Welcome. Log in or create an account to join in the wrestling discussions
Rebirth of Wrestling
Welcome. Log in or create an account to join in the wrestling discussions
Rebirth of Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rebirth of Wrestling

A community for wrestling fans. News and debates on everything wrestling.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to a new wrestling forum. Sign up and share your opinions on anything concerning the squared circle.
The Broken Niceboard

Hulk Hogan

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Hulk Hogan Empty
PostSubject: Hulk Hogan   Hulk Hogan Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2018 12:42 pm

Just wanted to see if there's an intelligent debate going on Hogan

1. Being reinstated to the HOF

2. Possibly Returning to WWE tv in future

To me I think it's a no brainer. Hulk Hogan should be in the HOF. Hulk Hogan is a character, one played by a man who gave a lot, more than most to wrestling in terms of popularizing it. This cannot be debated. It is history. It is fact.

But returning to WWE TV? Hiring a man who has shown little to no remorse about his comments other than "Dont get caught" No. Terry Bollea is not a man who should be hired by any company. I'm all for second chances if lessons have been learned. But he is clearly still rooted in his beliefs, which he is entitled to be, but don't try to convince yourself that he has seen the error of his ways. He is just going to try and be careful not to let anyone hear him say what he truly thinks.

An NWO reunion would be a really cool way to address Bullet Club. But I just kind of want everyone to move on from the character, especially him. The guy who probably thinks he is Hulk Hogan, Real American, and not Terry Bollea racist actor.
Back to top Go down
https://rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com
Grecian

Grecian

Hulk Hogan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hulk Hogan   Hulk Hogan Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2018 3:02 pm

But by going on the argument that we have to treat him as two entities, one as the performer, one as the man beneath - could it not be argued that Benoit should be treated the same and inducted into the HoF as a former world champ, Rumble winner and fantastic in-ring talent?

My big fear with Hogan is that he's going to be used in some incredibly corny, OTT way, like some backstage segment with New Day or the Universal title gets turned into a triple threat with Lashley and the show ends with Hogan raising Lashley's hand as the new champ. We all know WWE don't do understated apologies and I can't see Hogan being on WWE TV again without all their major sponsors agreeing (I don' think Mattel have made any new figures of him, and I don't think he's been in the videogames?).

Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Hulk Hogan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hulk Hogan   Hulk Hogan Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2018 9:56 pm

It's hard to remember a man who killed two people as the person they were before they did that. The journey that led him to that point is no doubt a terrible sad story with brain traumas depression and a belief he was saving his family due to religious influence, but I'd probably say rape, murder and other serious crimes where others have been directly affected by that person's actions remove your rights as a regular citizen. If you remain alive you go to prison, and lose your freedom, least of which is recognition for former achievements, I guess. And it wasn't Benoit's character, it was his ability as a wrestler. Hogan is a special case where the character is way more important to the business and people than the man was.

I'd have no problem with Hogan returning if what they do with him is smart, and presents a man who has learned something from his actions. But I doubt that can happen because he's not a good actor and has yet not shown true remorse. WWE has an opportunity to present a strong message of inclusion if he could be taught why what he did is wrong in society. If he gets the message and grows it would be a monumental moment for WWE with a real life story concluding on their show. From then on they would probably go back to doing silly shit though.
Back to top Go down
https://rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

Hulk Hogan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hulk Hogan   Hulk Hogan Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hulk Hogan
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Rebirth of Wrestling :: Wrestling Discussion :: WWE-
Jump to: