Rebirth of Wrestling
Welcome. Log in or create an account to join in the wrestling discussions
Rebirth of Wrestling
Welcome. Log in or create an account to join in the wrestling discussions
Rebirth of Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rebirth of Wrestling

A community for wrestling fans. News and debates on everything wrestling.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to a new wrestling forum. Sign up and share your opinions on anything concerning the squared circle.
The Broken Niceboard

NXT Show Thread

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

NXT Show Thread Empty
PostSubject: NXT Show Thread   NXT Show Thread Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2018 3:10 pm

I think It's getting bigger and better once again. If you want a taste just watch the last NXT simply for the production and feel of the show. It really feels like a big, big promotion squished into a small building.

You have Johnny Wrestling cut a passionate promo.
A vignette with Killian Dane.
The first match is Ricochet vs Aichner and Ricochet's entrance looks amazing. It's like the budget has gone up 10 fold.
Lars Sullivan backstage looks great.
EC3 vignette
The Vikings from Space appear on stage and pillage some enhancement talent.
Everyone that is meant to be an NXT star looks like a star.
Backstage with Shayna Baszler is well done with her imposing herself on the locker room as the new bully champion.
Kona Reeves vignette (looks like he's nxt's Takahashi without a cat)
Pete Dunne looking pissed as he walks off with his bag having to go away for a few weeks on commitments. Says he'll kick Roddy Strong's head in when he's back. Pete Dunne vs Undisputed Era? Money!
Sullivan vs Dane. Again both look like beasts and big stars with production and lighting. Even though one will be leaving to head to SD he leaves looking important which makes NXT seem even more legit. Big beastly bastards smashing eachother around in a No DQ. Both use their body as a weapon which leads to some big meat smacking bumps lol. Lars Sullivan seems to lick his lips before inflicting pain, I don't know if it's on purpose or because he gets a sweaty face, but he's doing the viscous ugly monster thing well.
Zelina the mega heel vs Candice main event.
Gargano challenges Aleister Black who accepts the match for next week...
Back to top Go down
https://rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com
Grecian

Grecian

NXT Show Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: NXT Show Thread   NXT Show Thread Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2018 4:24 pm

Ricochet's post match flip to Velveteen Dream... Holy sweet Jesus...
Back to top Go down
Fergie22

Fergie22

NXT Show Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: NXT Show Thread   NXT Show Thread Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2018 11:18 am

The Gargano/Ciampa match from last night was fucking brutal.
Back to top Go down
Grecian

Grecian

NXT Show Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: NXT Show Thread   NXT Show Thread Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2018 6:05 pm

I've watched the opening tag match so far, reallly enjoyed it (even though I had no idea which one was Lorcan and which one was Burch to start with). Will be watching Ricochet vs Velveteen at some point soon, and I'm stupidly excited for the that. Probably more so than anything on the MITB card!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

NXT Show Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: NXT Show Thread   NXT Show Thread Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2018 12:12 pm

You will like it. Even just for the audacity of the entrance.

Another enjoyable NXT PPV. You can just get into it right from the start, easy to follow and good physical and emotional storytelling throughout. Even matches that aren't an outstanding rivalry like the tag match had the feeling that it really matters. It's just a masterclass in how to get over talent in that arena on that night and convey that to the tv audience too.

Every match got the story over well too. One part of the Womens match up for example is that Nikki Cross enjoys pain and fears no one, this is what we were told going in, this is what we saw through the physical performance. It's great to see talent and bookers understand the message going in and deliver it well under the WWE umbrella. There was more to it than that, but it's just nice when wrestling doesn't contradict the story it's telling.

Gargano and Ciampa step up the emotion too, as well as more unpolished, enjoyable street fighting. In my mind I booked where this might lead so I'll share that when you're caught up. If it does go that way we will get some even bigger battles and these two will be the biggest names in wrestling at that moment
Back to top Go down
Grecian

Grecian

NXT Show Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: NXT Show Thread   NXT Show Thread Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2018 2:38 pm

Velveteen has convinced me, beyond any doubt, that Hogan's on his way back. Even down to Ricochet being the Rock and the re-enactment of WM18 for the first few minutes, brother!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

NXT Show Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: NXT Show Thread   NXT Show Thread Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2018 3:55 pm

I nearly said Ricochet has really reminded me of The Rock recently and could see him as modern wrestling's most electrifying man but I couldn't decide why lol. I really suck at historical wrestling recall. Didn't even think it was intended, just thought it was his aura lol
Back to top Go down
Grecian

Grecian

NXT Show Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: NXT Show Thread   NXT Show Thread Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2018 10:23 pm

It was a massive giveaway when McGuinness yelled 'When it comes crashing down and it hurts inside!', but it was a hell of a match. I'm hoping Velveteen stays on NXT for as long as he can, I just don't think Vince is going to get his gimmick at all, or he'll just lump him into segments with the Fashion Police or something.

Ricochet will win the NXT title when Black goes to the main roster.

And it's a sign of how crazy NXT is at the moment when EC3 is arguably the biggest name on the roster... and he's got nothing to do...
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

NXT Show Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: NXT Show Thread   NXT Show Thread Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2018 11:42 pm

They can just shove EC3 on Raw if they are stuck to be fair. He's a tv ready talent just in NXT because that's what happens atm.

Heres my booking theory though without a full time frame. Ciampa has won the decisive main event, after the fact Gargano was set to face Black. Ciampa is now uncrowded number one contender. Or they do a tournement to decide #1 and he wins it. Either way Ciampa is next in line to face Black. EC3 could even interupt to cost Gargano if they had a tourney because of the way he interupted his match to announce he signed the street fight contract. Giving them something to do at the next Takeover. Have Ciampa eventually beat Black and then you have the WM weekend main event sorted down the line Ciampa vs Gargano for the NXT title, match of the year, feud of the year, moment of the year when Gargano finally wins a title in WWE.

Something major for AJ, Bryan and co to really aim to beat the next night too

Or cram it all in quick and have Black drop the title at a house show and gave the Gargano Ciampa deal at Summerslam weekend
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

NXT Show Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: NXT Show Thread   NXT Show Thread Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2018 1:44 pm

The NXT Takeover show looks like an incredible card, but my anticipation for the main event is making me want to skip ahead haha. This has got to be considered the biggest match in wrestling, right?

It's going to be hard for any show to do something as well as NXT has with Gargano and Ciampa.

What could top it? All In having Punk vs Cabana? What a Face

Current thoughts during the NXT tag match. Cesaro and Tyler Bate would be a good pairing. He's crazy strong that kid. And I can't wait for the Undisputed Era WWE debut. The crowd reaction alone, but also the fun writers can have with a proper cocky stable.

A few more roster call up and drafts down the line and WWE's main product is going to be the coolest it's been in years. Think back to when it was right lumpy inept uncool, cringey guys making up numbers. The male divisions will be able to actually compete with the women for reactions soon enough...
Back to top Go down
Grecian

Grecian

NXT Show Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: NXT Show Thread   NXT Show Thread Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2018 6:18 pm

There were two disappointments for me on that TakeOver:

Johnny Gargano - his 'knee injury' at the end. I didn't buy into that for one second, not helped by Ranallo shouting 'he's dislocated his knee!'. That took me right out of it, I've dislocated my knee and had he done it, there's no way on God's earth he'd have been trying to stand up. I'm probably in a minority of one, but Ciampa needs a new opponent.

EC3 - he's probably the least NXT / most main roster fella on there. He's just njot good enough in-ring to be on NXT for long, he's kind of like Cena in that he's too muscular to hang with a Velveteen Dream or a Ricochet. If he gets the call-up, he'll be a Vince wet-dream and will do brilliantly, but in NXT, he looks so out of place!

Aside from that, one hell of a show. Cole's superkick to Ricochet's moonsault was just... wow...

Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

NXT Show Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: NXT Show Thread   NXT Show Thread Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2018 10:31 am

Yeah I think the ending could have been done differently than a knee injury anyway. Maybe rig a set box collapse or something other than Gargano accidentally hurting his knee. I think part of it for me is I didn't buy that he was actually trying to crush Ciampa's head and end it. Can't fault what they have done for wrestling and NXT overall though.

Cole's superkick. Yeah, I don't know how you time stuff that well. Definitely the reason some took extra risks at summerslam to attempt to get something half as impressive.

EC3 has taken his fair share of big bumps to make up for it though, so he's earned his call up. Baron Corbin free to sign talents now?..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

NXT Show Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: NXT Show Thread   NXT Show Thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NXT Show Thread
Page 1 of 1