Rebirth of Wrestling
Welcome. Log in or create an account to join in the wrestling discussions
Rebirth of Wrestling
Welcome. Log in or create an account to join in the wrestling discussions
Rebirth of Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rebirth of Wrestling

A community for wrestling fans. News and debates on everything wrestling.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to a new wrestling forum. Sign up and share your opinions on anything concerning the squared circle.
The Broken Niceboard

The Greatest Royal Rumble ever

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Fergie22

Fergie22

The Greatest Royal Rumble ever - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Royal Rumble ever   The Greatest Royal Rumble ever - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2018 8:40 am

Punk held a different title though...
Back to top Go down
Grecian

Grecian

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Royal Rumble ever   The Greatest Royal Rumble ever - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2018 12:57 pm

Small detail I have a feeling WWE will completely ignore. I think the case is up in court soon too.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Royal Rumble ever   The Greatest Royal Rumble ever - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2018 3:24 pm

If I'm Punk I just tweet "unified. undisputed. untouchable" or something. AJ still has 290 odd days to go if it were the same title lol.

I alluded to that Brock theory a while back. In all the lists Punk is longest reigning wwe champion in the modern era. Lesnar will beat it if he is still champion on june 11th. MITB Chicago is june 17th too. If there weren't the reports that he threw his title at Vince they could have had Vince help Brock retain at some point too as they planted the seeds that he's "Vince's guy"

The heat they could get on Lesnar would be phenomenal and whoever dethroned him would be set for life.
Back to top Go down
https://rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Royal Rumble ever   The Greatest Royal Rumble ever - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2018 3:35 pm

Grecian wrote:
It was good, but the Rumble itself just showed how much deaf weight on the the roster. The NXT guys were very disappointing.

I thought Lashley had killed Cass with that botch towards the end, but I was really impressed with Cass. He seems much more confident in his work since ditching Enzo.

Glad Strowman won. He needed a huge win, and I'm hoping he beats Lesnar at Summerslam.

NXT's Tucker Knight ...

I like Cass as someone who can tell a story on a show. But I'm yet to see if he has that in matches. Apart from where he screamed the abuse at Bryan. I'm thinking there's a swerve coming though. It was very obvious on tv that he'd attacked Bryan, and obvious is always a chance for shocking people. Bryan will overcome him, that's what Bryan is, but a more meaty feud with a better worker could follow.

Im glad he didn't get hurt, but I think the botch was a balance issue, and the guy getting the vertical suplex needs to hold his weight and balance steady by levering their arm into the guys waist/hips, his long legs were flailing too, and Cass has always had issues with core strength and upper body strength in matches I've seen, he's long and gangly anyway so they probably shouldn't have tried that spot. I'd also eliminate lifts from his offence. He looks a bit like Edge, and he should style his heel offence like him too. Get the 7 foot thing out of people's heads! He's not a giant he's built to be a lankey heel who can only bully the really small guys. I'd pick an Elias over him if it were a shoot fight and he's 6ft2

Strowman beating 50 men and getting all that gold was good, and deserved. But you can already see the awkwardness of WWE face pushes. They are taking his natural off the cuff catchphrase and pushing it down fans throats. Squeezing it in at every opportunity so it feels unnatural. It's not like Austin where he naturally ends a promo with that's the bottom line. Because get these hands doesn't work in a lot of cases. And when they change it to "they just got these hands" it just feels forced. I fear for his reactions in a few months time. Same as SAWFT. If they'd had Enzo say I just proved you're SAWFT after matches too it'd get old twice as fast

Dial back on the catchphrase and get Braun filmed in airports and real life situations carrying his trophy around with him, in full gimmick. That would be gold.
Back to top Go down
Grecian

Grecian

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Royal Rumble ever   The Greatest Royal Rumble ever - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2018 9:00 pm

Admin wrote:

Im glad he didn't get hurt, but I think the botch was a balance issue, and the guy getting the vertical suplex needs to hold his weight and balance steady by levering their arm into the guys waist/hips, his long legs were flailing too...

No, it was Lashley doing the move. All the blame belongs to Lashley. Because he's Lashley.

Back to top Go down
Grecian

Grecian

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Royal Rumble ever   The Greatest Royal Rumble ever - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2018 9:03 pm

Admin wrote:

I alluded to that Brock theory a while back. In all the lists Punk is longest reigning wwe champion in the modern era. Lesnar will beat it if he is still champion on june 11th. MITB Chicago is june 17th too. If there weren't the reports that he threw his title at Vince they could have had Vince help Brock retain at some point too as they planted the seeds that he's "Vince's guy"

The heat they could get on Lesnar would be phenomenal and whoever dethroned him would be set for life.

Not if it's Reigns...

It has to be Strowman that dethrones him, it has to be. Strowman has managed to get himself massively over, despite a lame catchphrase, turned himself face despite being a monster heel... the guy is innately likeable, has charisma that most would kill for.

I'm calling it now - Mania 35, it's heel Roman vs face Strowman for the Universal title.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Royal Rumble ever   The Greatest Royal Rumble ever - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2018 12:56 pm

Yeah, it has to be someone fresh to set them for life. It's a perfect chance to solidify a new star, not one that's already established and held championships on top of championships.

It'd help a Rollins or Ambrose too, but right now the guy that's forced himself into the fray (he was kind of placed ready to succeed anyway but still) is Strowman. I like him, its impossible not too, but i still do fear WWE forcing it with him to a point where he becomes like Reigns. Thankfully his look suits not being the polished WWE hood ornament. So they might keep some of what made him get there.

Strowman's best work is with Reigns too, so that would be a good mania match. Reigns going off on one about how his friend behind the scenes Strowman has taken his spot would be the way I'd go. Blur the lines
Back to top Go down
Grecian

Grecian

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Royal Rumble ever   The Greatest Royal Rumble ever - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2018 2:45 pm

Yeah, the Reigns / Strowman stuff from last year was awesome. That's the thing with Reigns, he's had so many great matches over the last couple of years, and yet he's just despised by so many. The obvious comparison is Cena from 10 years ago, but he just pisses all over Cena from an in-ring standpoint. If you could combine Reigns' in-ring work with Cena's promo skills, you'd have the next Stone Cold right there.

Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Royal Rumble ever   The Greatest Royal Rumble ever - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2018 4:23 pm

I never minded Cena that much, but he had great chemistry with Edge so there was that. The feud with JBL too was pretty brutal. But then again I didnt watch religiously as an on again off again wrestling fan, so didn't have the time invested to really hate him. I was pondering that the other day how I remember at a time I didn't watch wrestling a mate found out I used to watch it and said "you'd really hate this Cena guy who's there now" (but because he was a chav character, I think lol) and my impression of him was he's not bad, but can talk so I'm okay with that.

Reigns isn't bad bad on the Mic, he's been given some really bad cheesey action film lines which are just terrible and are designed in a way that they can only be delivered badly. He's no worse than Balor or Rollins right now really. Mcintyre killed it in his promo last week, but he was cut loose to do so. I think he'd be the same ad Reigns if given the same script.

One thing the GRR has taught us though is there is still a place for simple classic wwe style wrestling though. So get your Beach balls at the ready live crowds
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Royal Rumble ever   The Greatest Royal Rumble ever - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Greatest Royal Rumble ever
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Rebirth of Wrestling :: Wrestling Discussion :: WWE-
Jump to: